ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on Turbo bullets?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you're going to do it, do it properly ;) whole stripe down there with the R5 font and everything...

b8182be3.jpg

Now that's awesome, who's is it!?!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't know but I had the same car in the same colour with the same wheels (but in black) :) mine didn't have the strip either thus no picture of mine lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
no my cnc machine is it bits are there is something wrong with the table.

no idea how a bullet is secured in, but the front if dead easy to machine

Its clipped in, they were the bits I thought would be a pain... I suppose you could weld a few on then machine them to size.

While moving the spindle up today I heard a bang and shat bricks... Had a look and saw nothing, moved up again and another two bangs... I managed to snap the roller sheet (which keeps swarf and s**t off the bit under the bed) clean off lol! Was so lucky the brackets were just welded on. The initial bang sounded expensive :(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Like the last one but the first idea just looks too 80's for me.

Its clipped in, they were the bits I thought would be a pain... I suppose you could weld a few on then machine them to size.

While moving the spindle up today I heard a bang and shat bricks... Had a look and saw nothing, moved up again and another two bangs... I managed to snap the roller sheet (which keeps swarf and s**t off the bit under the bed) clean off lol! Was so lucky the brackets were just welded on. The initial bang sounded expensive :(

Tit. ;)

We've got new lathes in college. Out of the 20 or so, 4 don't work at all, several won't go in reverse, the leadscrew keeps falling off another, the drive pulley came off the motor on one the other day and they're all losing a few teeth from the main gears on the end of the gearbox. They're less than 6 weeks old. They're also so puny there's doubts we'll actually be able to machine the final assessment piece with them. Screwcutting big threads is a no-no.

FFS.

To be honest the bullets are better off being standard as in the time it takes to read them you'll already be over the horizon - so they won't be able to read them.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
My x ball screw is on it's way out so got to send it for repair

DSC_1158_zpsfohlizpo.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tit.

We've got new lathes in college. Out of the 20 or so, 4 don't work at all, several won't go in reverse, the leadscrew keeps falling off another, the drive pulley came off the motor on one the other day and they're all losing a few teeth from the main gears on the end of the gearbox. They're less than 6 weeks old. They're also so puny there's doubts we'll actually be able to machine the final assessment piece with them. Screwcutting big threads is a no-no.

FFS.

It's easily done :eek:

Lol, I love colleges. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that.

My x ball screw is on it's way out so got to send it for repair

DSC_1158_zpsfohlizpo.jpg

Is that the type of screw that has a number of other threads in those casings to reduce/eliminate backlash?