ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts please!!!

Hello everyone, was thinking about what upgrades I could do to a 2005 ff 182, was thinking sports cat, stainless rs tuner? Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers :cool:What is a decent decat make, take it the engine management light has to be mapped out? Will need a non oe backbox for sure if I go decat.

I don't like spending big money anymore!!! What's the best bang for buck mod dan? Make sure engine is running a1 first but after that, guess after a turbo it feels harsh running it up to 5k just to hit vvc so looking for some more lower down torque if that makes sense. Again if its big money I am not that fussed, how much does a rs tuner give you and what supporting mods do you need?

The vvt engages at 1400 rpm ;)

RS tuner gives a bit more low down torque apparently. I didn't notice it personally. The RS2 manifold makes a massive difference, but then your talking around the £1500 mark...

Does it come in that early, just assumed the advance at just after 5k is the vvc swapping over but before that was disengaged, you learn something new every day!!! It's already running ps3's so has got decent tyres on there, no other suspension upgrades hence my other thread about cup suspension and how much difference it's makes. Cheers chaps, food for thought. Read rs tuner gave a bit more lower down torque but would like to know some rough numbers to a standard/lightly modded car, to be honest I think I need to explore the cars grip and engine a bit more, when driving a type r I always found that very harsh running up to vtec, clio is better at lower revs. Guess I have to remember I have not got a turbo anymore!!!

I'll explain the vvt when yours is next in, but the 5k kick is to do with fuelling. But with how early yours dies off it'll be a lot better once I've done the cam timing..

Cup In bits
The " 5k kick yo" is a common misconception that its the variable valve timing doing so, its not. You get that kick when the car comes to its best volumetric efficiency I.e best power band and you get a performance increase. Its basically the car coming "on cam" and this can be adjusted by doing just so... Swapping out the cams to give a different sweet spot.

Cool, I look forward to it pulling better dan, still on for tomorrow? Thanks for all the info chaps, can see it staying standard apart from possibly replacing the rear box as it rots out more.