ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three RSTuner questions!

FF Orange Clio 182
Hi Guys!

I know they're probably common questions.

If I buy a second hand RSTuner will I need to buy the remap full price from the site? (Ron 98)

As Sainsburys Super is 97 Ron will it make any difference? I don't have a local shell garage and BP is a rip off!

In the description it says you need a 100% health battery and a charger.. is this actually reuqired/recommended or is it just a legal thing?

Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Cheers!

Are you telling me to use Tesco99?

Just with you saying you had no shell local and I got the impression you fill up at sainsburys, which is as you say 97 Ron. So if you have a tesco local then you could use their momentum which is 99ron, if you were worried about it being mapped for 98

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I have the 98ron map and run my car on Sainsbury's 97ron with no problems, i've also ran it on Tesco 99 and noticed no difference between the two.

FF Orange Clio 182
Just with you saying you had no shell local and I got the impression you fill up at sainsburys, which is as you say 97 Ron. So if you have a tesco local then you could use their momentum which is 99ron, if you were worried about it being mapped for 98
Only thing about tesco is I've heard it's normal fuel with an additive which some people say isn't good for your engine... had some research but haven't found any strong evidence either way but I know sainsburys in "pure" 97. I've filled the car with 99 today do I'm gonna give it a try for a few weeks before deciding to get the map or not.

FF Orange Clio 182
I've also just read the lads stopped doing the custom maps (plugging it in and sending back the data after a few runs)... I've only got exhaust, filter and dogbone (if that would make any difference) so it's not as if I need a bespoke map but the custom route does sound more appealing.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I always run my cars on Tesco 99 (nearest shell is 16 miles out my road)
Never had any problems with it for the sake £2 a tank over normal petrol it's worth trying imo,

FF Orange Clio 182
I always run my cars on Tesco 99 (nearest shell is 16 miles out my road)
Never had any problems with it for the sake £2 a tank over normal petrol it's worth trying imo,
I do use Sainsburys 97 at the moment for the reason above. It's the same price here for both supermarkets (104.9 I believe). Going it give tesco a try and see if I notice any difference but doubt I will.

FF Orange Clio 182
Henk who does the RsTuner now only supplies a 97+ Ron map.

I sent him an email, he still does a custom map for £100 extra but it won't be worth it for me.

He said the 97+ too which I thought was a mistake but you both must be right.