ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THROTLE BODY CLEANING INSIDE

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Just cleaned my throtle body today was quite dirty

DSC00056.jpg

De-greaser inside ;)

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Nearly done

DSC00060.jpg

oh look at it shine

DSC00061.jpg

Just a question though after getting rid of all the black stuff in the throtle body idle seems smoother, and also it seems to drive better slowly i dont have to rev it as much, it used to be foot on nothing for a sec, then go
now foot on throttle a tiny bit and it seems to want to shoot away :D

is this just physiological because i know i have cleaned it, or would this actualy happen?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
yes mate. my throttle body was dirty was having problems with it low revving at idle etc. since mine cleaned it's smoother, no longer having idle problems and more responsive. Good job by the way!! :)

53 Clio's & counting
prob a bit of both mate,cirtainly hasnt ddone any harm so prob helped a bit

here's a strange one for ya,i cleaned mine when i got the car,and after 98k it was cleaner than yours lol whats your mileage mate?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
prob a bit of both mate,cirtainly hasnt ddone any harm so prob helped a bit

here's a strange one for ya,i cleaned mine when i got the car,and after 98k it was cleaner than yours lol whats your mileage mate?

34k yeh was quite dirty lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
which degreaser did you use mate? Will try this on my 182 at somepoint as the idle isnt brilliant

172 A Cupwork Orange™
biocare degreaser Extra-strong with citrus oil "for fast grease removal"

just a normal household degreaser will be ok mate thats basicly what i used

172 A Cupwork Orange™
it will be dirtier if you got a crappy aftermarket filter obviously.

Paper filters the best no doubt about that.

mines std airbox, with genuine renault filter think the guy who had it before me thought thats where the oil went by the looks of it lol

ValverInBits
nice work ill give mine a whirl.

Is it ok to prise open the butterfly with the FBW bodies? (toclean the edges of it)
I woulda thought that the stepper motor would have been uphappy with that?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
nice work ill give mine a whirl.

Is it ok to prise open the butterfly with the FBW bodies? (toclean the edges of it)
I woulda thought that the stepper motor would have been uphappy with that?

should be fine, mine was ;)

RS RIP
it will be dirtier if you got a crappy aftermarket filter obviously.

Paper filters the best no doubt about that.

mines std airbox, with genuine renault filter think the guy who had it before me thought thats where the oil went by the looks of it lol

remember the crankcase breather (the tube) , it's mounted just before the throttlebody and this will guck up your TB again. I'm getting another bend without the connector and going to put one of those small breather filters on the tube + just let it vent to atmosphere.. Should keep the TB cleaner for a lot longer... where/how else could oil get in the TB ?

Will get a bit smelly everynowenthen, oilfumes...

RS RIP
Just cleaned my throtle body today was quite dirty

DSC00056.jpg

De-greaser inside ;)

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Nearly done

DSC00060.jpg

oh look at it shine

DSC00061.jpg

Just a question though after getting rid of all the black stuff in the throtle body idle seems smoother, and also it seems to drive better slowly i dont have to rev it as much, it used to be foot on nothing for a sec, then go
now foot on throttle a tiny bit and it seems to want to shoot away :D

is this just physiological because i know i have cleaned it, or would this actualy happen?

*** oh + Mine was a lot dirtier than yours last time i checked :dapprove: **
Looking good again there though , top job !

RB 182 Special.
Looks like you've done a very good job there. And it's interesting to hear about the smoothness and throttle response after. No work for me next week so I might have a little tinker myself.

Can anybody help me on where i can find this on my 1.4 dynamique? I keep experiencing my throttle sticking and electronic faults!

Thanks

05 Clio 1.4 16v Extreme 4
you should warn people that if they damage theres it will cost them £260 for a new one.

Hi, First post here!

Im looking to clean one on a 2005 1.4 16v (mk2 ph2?).

Any tips on what could be damaged?

Im going to buy some carb cleaner, and wipe all inside it with a cloth, is this ok?

Thanks,
Dan

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
great advice, mine idles poorly too, this jumps up the to-do list. will post results, hope others do as would like to know if i works

PH1 172 Sport
did mine this weekend. I also did the inside of the plenum as it was full of 7 years of crud!!! Idle and pickup is definately improved.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
sorry - forgot to post results. Mine is alot smoother an idles better. Cold starts are alot better too!