ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies Conversion Options

I was thining of the quaiffe atb diff 1k and a set of shorter ratio gears (does anyone do them for the clio gearbox?) 1k? fitting 1k? complete guess on the prices. If you had a top gear that maxxed at say 120 in fifth and spaced the others below I imagine that would make quite a difference?
or
3 - 3.5k for jenvey bodies and a custom rad.

cheers for info Chris crap quality vid but you get the idea it sounds mental, lol.

FredYozzasport said:
we do allsorts for the JC5 gearbox (even a 6 speed conversion)

you don't "need" a custom rad

what could you do for 3.5k?

I always think the installs look alot tidier with a custom rad.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i think i'd prefer the motor hueger kit if you didnt already have omex mark dont forget the power claim is on a standard engine and you get another ecu with the kit that can be mapped for cams etc,and there power claims will be more realistic,and is far neater than what i have seen,and they must be doing something rite as they live on there own island

Mine had the std rad but it would look better with a shortened rad but it's more money and isn't really needed. I wouldn't have really gained a better inlet temperature from having a shorter radiator, the inlet temperature with the std rad was very good.

How much of a difference has the LSD made to this guy's car?

Anyway Mark, what happened to spending money on a white re-spray instead of engine mod's? ;-)

They do look the b****cks though.

P1030266.jpg

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
^they do! last time i had a pm, he was running 205bhp, & claimed a 0-60 of 5.5 on one of his sprint days. any thoughts on DTA management with the Motor Huger? <short trumpet length & a 'dodgy' manifold?

206 GTI
Kind of off topic but realistically what are the performance differences between the throttle bodied cars and those running the same kind of spec as Mark's? That might help him decide whether to spend the cash on Tb's or to invest in something like an LSD instead

williams and trophy
matty w said:
the DTA management is good from what i've seen of it and they've just brought a new ecu out with more features,nick @ hillpower has got a race spider in at the minute which uses dta and runs sweet,but that could also beto do with who's mapped it

lol.....why has wayne chip wizards mapped it??

he helped design the old dta apparently..well so dta tell me. ;)

FredYozzasport said:
for £3.5 K you could have an all singing, all dancing JC5 with full LSD (plated type) and 6 speed conversion plus some change

Isnt a plate type too much maintenance on a road car?

Who makes the hardware for the kit and has it been fitted to any other cars?

Is it for road use?

Does the kit include a new set of gear ratios and can you spec what ratios you want?

PM me a price incl fitting, lead times, fitting times etc.

williams and trophy
lol.neither mate...just appreciate good work.........

and imo hes one of if not the best around at the mo.

an opinion shared by a few ppl other than myself.....mainly the ppl whov been to other supposed tuning gurus...then gone to him.....

jus tryin to save the guy money by gettin the car mapped properly 1st time round.;)

I did contact Wayne at Chipwizards as he does have a good reputation.

However I have been assurred that my car will get sorted free of charge by GDI including a remap.

I may give him a go eventually as has been said many times the car is only as good as the map that is running it.

as 2live said, chipwizards - best, mapped my car perfectly, however if gdi are going to do it foc then its a no brainer..

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
2 live said:
lol.....why has wayne chip wizards mapped it??

he helped design the old dta apparently..well so dta tell me. ;)

so because a few of the williams/16v owners have had problems with there ecu nick cant map a car?have any of you even been back to him?no and if wayne at chipwizard is so good with dta why did j3neds car not run properly after it had been there twice

Polo GTi
matty w said:
so because a few of the williams/16v owners have had problems with there ecu nick cant map a car?have any of you even been back to him?no and if wayne at chipwizard is so good with dta why did j3neds car not run properly after it had been there twice

Because J3ned is a cowboy :rasp:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Slightly off topic - doc remaps 'degrade' over time? By that, do they need re-remapping say 18months/2 years down the line? Or is it a case of done once, done forever?

D.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
MarkM said:
what could you do for 3.5k?

I always think the installs look alot tidier with a custom rad.

why do you want to spend that much money when your cars already pretty damn quick? you could give me that money and i love you long time;)

williams and trophy
matty w said:

lol..

think u need to make some informed research before u comment any further lol.

kill power chips just dont cut it in teh mk1 world....never have really. imo. iv run faster than hill power tuned cars for years..even on std ecu/eng etc.

u sleepin with him or summat?? ;)

Nippy white cup
Darren S said:
Slightly off topic - doc remaps 'degrade' over time? By that, do they need re-remapping say 18months/2 years down the line? Or is it a case of done once, done forever?

D.

Thats interesting m8...My car hasn`t been as quick as it used to be for ages....managed to get a very similar 1/4 mile time recently but with more mods and miles on it. Had the ecu map checked and it was almost exactly the same as std?! I`m thinking that at some point (maybe when the ebgine was changed) renault has reset it...leaving the upped limiter but returning the map to std. Even with the mods I have now it still doesn`t pull to the limiter like it used to and my times went from 15 sec dead as std to 14.4 with the only difference being the rsport.

I`m booked into Waynes on 24th August so we`ll see what happens then

chris

williams and trophy
Laingo said:
Didn't Martins run a fast time with a Hillpower chip?

lol..having nothing inside the car but a drivers seat, pedals, and steering wheel was the cause for the fast times i believe.........iv had kill power chips on me williams 2..was first thing i binned off it..and surprise surprise..it was no slower without it, just the limiter was back to 6500. youd have been hard pushed to notice a diff at all. with or without chip.

chip wizards however..........put one of his chips on...turned my car from a fast fukker..to a right animal. even on less than std spec it was running faster than most std williams'....well with same mods but with complete williams engine, as 1 had a 1800 head on at the time.

the kill power chip i fitted to jesus'.....was laughable lol... was slower mid range, had a slightly higher rev limit, and needed resettin evry 2 or 3 weeks cos the car deteriorated very badly. slowing it down from a fast fukker to valver pace. again apart from the higher limit...not much higher i mite add.....you would be very hard pushed to notice a diffrence.

put the chip wizards map on jesus' car....well...see the williams vs elise vid lol....again...the chip turned it from a fast fukker...to an animal.

so..speaking from experience....rather than just from heresay......chip wizards evry time......kill power doesnt even make the top 5 in my books.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chris n nic said:
Thats interesting m8...My car hasn`t been as quick as it used to be for ages....managed to get a very similar 1/4 mile time recently but with more mods and miles on it. Had the ecu map checked and it was almost exactly the same as std?! I`m thinking that at some point (maybe when the ebgine was changed) renault has reset it...leaving the upped limiter but returning the map to std. Even with the mods I have now it still doesn`t pull to the limiter like it used to and my times went from 15 sec dead as std to 14.4 with the only difference being the rsport.

I`m booked into Waynes on 24th August so we`ll see what happens then

chris

It got me thinking because I'd heard that certain stock ECUs can degrade over time as well. It certainly makes sense from an IT perspective, but I didn't know if it was common on cars and their maps in particular. After all, an engine bay is hardly the most efficient of environments to have electronics.... ;)

Roll on the 24th, eh?

D.

Polo GTi
Yeah the Nana had to keep having the ECU reset everytime you wanted it to go fast... don't think it has that problem now it been mapped properly :clown:

2 live said:
lol..having nothing inside the car but a drivers seat, pedals, and steering wheel was the cause for the fast times i believe.........iv had kill power chips on me williams 2..was first thing i binned off it..and surprise surprise..it was no slower without it, just the limiter was back to 6500. youd have been hard pushed to notice a diff at all. with or without chip.

chip wizards however..........put one of his chips on...turned my car from a fast fukker..to a right animal. even on less than std spec it was running faster than most std williams'....well with same mods but with complete williams engine, as 1 had a 1800 head on at the time.

the kill power chip i fitted to jesus'.....was laughable lol... was slower mid range, had a slightly higher rev limit, and needed resettin evry 2 or 3 weeks cos the car deteriorated very badly. slowing it down from a fast fukker to valver pace. again apart from the higher limit...not much higher i mite add.....you would be very hard pushed to notice a diffrence.

put the chip wizards map on jesus' car....well...see the williams vs elise vid lol....again...the chip turned it from a fast fukker...to an animal.

so..speaking from experience....rather than just from heresay......chip wizards evry time......kill power doesnt even make the top 5 in my books.

my old Williams had a Hill Power chip, it was pretty good when it was first put on, it made a slight bit of difference which was solely down to the rev limit, from extensive testing, but testing before and after on "The Bridge Test" on my private runway I got 117mph ONCE as an all time best with the HP chip, then after a week it wouldn't do any better than 90 or so which is absolutely s**t. Reset it, back to normal... next day, slower... I had to reset it after every drive to get it to work, so not really been that impressed.

When i used 2 lives chip on mine at Donny imo it was easily the quickest NA Clio there in a straight line, as myself and Northy used to be pretty even (til 4th hehe) when I had std map on, but after using 2 live's chip it wasn't even close. I also had a test against my mates 256bhp Pro Drive Impreza Turbo when he was on his own, me with 2 passengers and there was NOTHING in it from 30-120 where he'd pull 2 cars as I went into 5th... then I caught him up again. So Wayne or BenR would be my choice for a remap from personal experience.

throttle bodied mk2 172
Rich Cup said:
hi ive been away for the weekend, yes i did get a conversion. very happy with it, although i would not recomend the weber kit really as is very restricted with air flow due to weber not selling any decent trumpet length, im in the process of andy, me and my brother of fabricating up some longer trumpets to use with my kit which should solve this completly,

as for the map of the car, its 110% spot on, starts up first time every time, even when it was cold the past few nights, runs a lot better than i thought with the fuel consumsion,

also overwhelmingly happy with gdi's service, andy has gone out of his way by miles to help me at every step and the worksmanship of the build is first class
why are you regret then???