ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle bodies experience

throttle bodied mk2 172
i want to know how is throttle bodied clio driven in a town?is it pain in the ass or much easier because of high torque.mine is finising in 2 weeks.the parts just completed now.any recommendations,experiences...

Seat Leon Cupra 290
mines fine around town, using it as a daily driver at the mo, idles nicely, just more of a grumble sound to it. sounds a bit like an amersican muscle car. fuel sonsumption is good too, unless you really go for it

mine's poor in town driving as it stutters and shudders about under constant throttle acceleration at 2-3.8k rpm, so remap is due!

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
depends how good the map is

i find the alcon paddle clutch the biggest pain
i have that same problem fred.i cant feel my left foot anymore

throttle bodied mk2 172
Rich Cup said:
mines fine around town, using it as a daily driver at the mo, idles nicely, just more of a grumble sound to it. sounds a bit like an amersican muscle car. fuel sonsumption is good too, unless you really go for it
do you feel much quicker ?i know your car only 200 bhp but how is the power delivery now?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
mines like a normal valver mate. no probs at all.

idles and drives perfectly at all revs! very nippy in town hehe!

You don't get huge torque gains with bodies.

Jon - I didn't get the stutter problem when owning it, that does sound like mapping. I was really impressed with omex as was expecting the judder but was pretty smooth. The only thing I had to get used to was how sensitive the accelerator was and found myself kangarooing around a bit to start with.

2005 Nissan Navara
aye throttle responsive is loads sharper, but as said, if set-up properly it will be equal/better than std on the driveability front.

what cams are you going to be running mate?

you dont get huge torque gains from bodies!!!???

Thats all you get in technical terms, mad torque gains!

everywhere.

Compare the plenum to bodies in any spec and you will gain if done correctly.

there might be a point at low rpm on extreem cam setups, but nobody will experience that as its not a road car.

I think my old car was something like 170lb.ft peak with itbs. That's not huge at all considering many are touching that if not more on the std inlet mani/plenum.

throttle bodied mk2 172
stan* said:
aye throttle responsive is loads sharper, but as said, if set-up properly it will be equal/better than std on the driveability front.

what cams are you going to be running mate?
we were thinking catcam rally but after change it to catcam fast road.i am going to use it on the road:evil: