ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies on 182

Clio 182
So i'm thinking of getting throttle bodies for my 182. I have been looking at the ones from Ktec but they say you need an ECU to be able to run them as a remap won't allow you to get full control of the throttle as the engine becomes too sensitive.

Has anyone ever run throttle bodies with the OE ECU and could you get away with just getting it mapped again as id prefer not to pay a grand for an ecu when i could buy a turbo kit for the same price...

Also what is everyones opinion on keeping a 182 NA or turboing it? im very undecided

Clio 182
sack tb's off and go low boost turbo (from engine dynamics) and then leave it there, its all the power you will ever need
Funny you say that because that's what I was thinking... my issue is some people have said to keep the Clio na and not to turbo it

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As suggested above, just go straight down the low boost turbo route... I wish I'd done that instead of working my way through two ITB builds before going boosted.

Failing that, if you do go ITB's, then I would budget the extra money for an aftermarket ECU; it's tricky mapping and maintaining the running of ITB's on a stock ECU (more trouble than it's worth).

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I'd go low boost tbh mate. Torque and power aplenty. If your down Midlands area I'll take you out in mine.