ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle bodies purchase?

clio 182 ff
is there any companies that sell throttle bodies that offer finance or monthly payments? really want itbs on my 18 but i cant afford them straight off.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't afford them can't have them.

this x1million!

if you cant afford them you plain and simply cant have them, getting a credit card doesnt count as being able to afford them because if you cant afford the repayments your up s**t creek anyway. credit cards are just a process of dragging out debt!

ibiza cupra
this x1million!

if you cant afford them you plain and simply cant have them, getting a credit card doesnt count as being able to afford them because if you cant afford the repayments your up s**t creek anyway. credit cards are just a process of dragging out debt!
this!!! (although im about to take out a loan to pay mine off and get a few bits for the 172 ;) )

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
this x1million!

Amen to that.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
People actually contemplate getting loans to buy things for a Clio!?!?

a mate got himself into 7k's worth of debt to make his Y plate seat ibiza 300bhp... bought s**t parts laggy as owt and handles like a fish tank. He aint half one proud owner

clio 182 ff
people get loans for worse things than cars. aslong as you have a stable job i dont really see the problem

SG9 Forester STi
I agree. If you really want it and you have a stable job that allows you to make the repayments then why not if it makes you happy :).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
there are no stable jobs these days!

i work on the railway which used to be considered a job for life. recently its not so, so in a years time when youve racked up a debt on your card then you get the sack and cant make repayments your part of the problem. because you wanted a faster clio

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

i work on the railway which used to be considered a job for life. recently its not so, so in a years time when youve racked up a debt on your card then you get the sack and cant make repayments your part of the problem. because you wanted a faster clio

Now there's optimism for you lol ...

For the OP, i wouldnt recommend getting into debt for itb's on a clio, at 18.

But the sensible borrowing of money is one of lifes essentials imho.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Forum just gets more rediculous by the day. If you really want them then save up!

Nissan 350z
Asking for a mechanic/garage to provide you monthly repayments for parts is ridiculous. However if you decide to pay for something like this on a creditcard which you pay monthly then that doesnt sound too out of the ordinary as people put far more stupid things on creditcards so this would be a drop in the ocean.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Asking for a mechanic/garage to provide you monthly repayments for parts is ridiculous. However if you decide to pay for something like this on a creditcard which you pay monthly then that doesnt sound too out of the ordinary as people put far more stupid things on creditcards so this would be a drop in the ocean.

and this is one of the reasons our economy is in such a mess. people wanting what they cant afford, buying it on borrowed money they cant pay back! yes people do buy stupider things on credit cards but like i said they are part of the problem.

a credic card imo should be used all the time, but inly to buy things you already have the money for. that way your benefiting from the safety of a credit card transaction and your not putting yourself into debt because you can pay it off.

say this guy does get some ITBs on a credit card and he can afford the repayments every month, what happens then in 6 months when his gearbox blows because of the powahz? or his clutch goes because its been slipping since hes fitted the ITB's? how does the guy who is in debt pay for that?

put himself into more debt of course with the credit card! vicious circle!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2

If your sensible with money and you can put it on a 0% credit card then why not. yes saving up is the safest thing to do but if your in a steady job and can pay it off within 6 months then i dont really see a problem with it. what really boils my piss is when someone is already skint and puts it on their card and starts missing payments etc.

Id happily put this on a card get 6 months of enjoyment out of them while paying them off and it not have cost me a penny more than if i had saved up for it..

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
do what the rest of the country has done, rack up credit cards, lose job, then go to a debt management company and payback a fiver a month to all the creditors u owe, they wont be able to touch you as your young, have no job and no mortgage, nor will you ever be able to get one due to your appalling credit file, but hey, your car goes well and sounds the nuts!!!

Just no.... In my opinion, if you want... you save.

If you need a credit card to afford the repayments over a year at circa £200 a month (for arguments sake 2400 on bodies) then you should be displined enough to save £200 a month for 12 months. Not that credit cards a bad when used wisely, but for Clio mods?!

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
do what the rest of the country has done, rack up credit cards, lose job, then go to a debt management company and payback a fiver a month to all the creditors u owe, they wont be able to touch you as your young, have no job and no mortgage, nor will you ever be able to get one due to your appalling credit file, but hey, your car goes well and sounds the nuts!!!

ROFL, QFT there my man !

Drive it, Enjoy it as is. Put Monies in bank to save for a better car or mods if you must.

Nothing worse than paying finance on mods for a car that you no longer own / wrote off / cant afford to run.

Ph1
Fair question IMO

Fella wants 3k's worth of kit and can't pay it off at once.

FFS you'd think he was indifferent to 90% of the population the way folk have been posting :clown:

Hit the nail on the head.. Worked on the railway myself from 17 and was considered a job for life needles to say I'm now an apprentice electrician

BG FF182
With the current financial climate all I would recommend is that you don't stretch yourself too far when it comes to financing things. Remember that the unexpected can happen and if you already have one thing on finance getting another could be more tricky!!