ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body bolt pattern

172 Clio Sport
Hello everyone, I'm installing an F4R in my valver, and I have a question
I am obviously going for drive by cable, and the engine is from a 182. Is the bolt pattern for a DBC amd DBW the same? I was told a Megane F7R throttle body is the same (I have it) and it doesn't really fit. I don't want to buy a Ph1 throttle body and have the same proble.! So, Ph1 dbc and ph2 dbw bolt patterns, same or not?
Thanks!!
71438f71d92c156b1b885307ec6dafc3.jpg
19d5f409c729ce0af029e52b781c52ac.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure ph1 & 2 bolt patterns are identical as the inlet manifolds are almost identical, the F7R one you've got is tiny compared to an F4R.

numbers_

ClioSport Club Member
I think the issue you may face is the Ph1 upper intake uses an idle control valve with the cable throttle, whereas the Ph2 uses the DBW to control idle.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Ph1 cable throttle body has a different pitch to a Ph2 fly by wire throttle body, and the top inlets are different. I used a ph1 inlet, and machined an adaptor plate to fit a ph2 throttle body.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@Yorl

Does this help at all? I made some throttle body gaskets last year and this is what I knocked up. Was only rough sizing but they fitted ok

IMG_20210208_143633.jpg

172 Clio Sport
Well, I went out and bought a Ph1 intake manifold with throttle body. The throttle body bolt pattern is NOT the same between DBW and DBC, and as added bonus, the Ph1 DBC throttle body and the Megane F7R throttle body are the same. Same part number, same sensor... So completely interchangeable.
I'll post some pictures later on

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk