ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body cleaned! (with pics)

yeah lots of people jumping on wagons and repeating what someone said about it not having an effect, but no hard proof

just proves that theory isn't as good as actually trying something. The same person also told me and many others that there's no point re-working a Williams head as they flow really well (which they do) and dont get any gains... which isn't true, as Port Formance did back to back RR tests on one of their heads and the difference was around 10bhp. There's a thread about it on Williams Clio somewhere, Port Formance even put up their flow data showing there was nothign to hide, sadly some of the other tuners getting involved made a promise to do so but sadly nothing ever came of it. Wont speculate as to why though.

I'd be sceptical to believe something does or doesn't work until it's been tried, I've driven the GDI demo on single ITB and it spanks the living crap out of my car on full ITB's. I dont think I'b be saying the same about it on stock TB, as the spec of the car is similar to another ITB'd car and it's making around the same power.

An interesting read. Some very good points in there too. ^^ Although you cant trust tuners at the end of the day they just want to sell there product and make £££

I dont see why the man that commented about the williams head would lie about it bearing in mind he could have made money from charging people for the service? (I think I know who your talking about)

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
so many different views here! say i did ut a larger throttle body on it would i expect to get any gain , or would she just run better...
sorry for the late reply just had iternet back....

Ph1
I'd be sceptical to believe something does or doesn't work until it's been tried, I've driven the GDI demo on single ITB and it spanks the living crap out of my car on full ITB's. I dont think I'b be saying the same about it on stock TB, as the spec of the car is similar to another ITB'd car and it's making around the same power.

But how much of that can you single out to be a contributing factory to the enlarged Jenvy body?? Your quoting the car as a complete package their with all its many other mods as a whole.

Thought GDi only fitted the Jenvy due to the Omex and the quicker delivery of the cable operation not for the potential gains side of it??

Hey guys, Does anyone have a guide on where to locate the TB? I am experiencing a few problems with my car atm and have been advised to give the TB a clean.

Thanks