ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body conversion questions 182

Dodgy one
Looking into fitting a set in the new year to my 182 and i'm trying to put together a list of things i'm going to need.

I've already decided i'm going to run it on the Gen90 ecu to retain trip computer etc.

(I've just sent an e-mail through to Kam racing sounding like a complete mongtard so i'l carry on, on here :))

They have the throttle body kit i'm wanting to use (SF bodies with manifold) but 1st i'm stuck wether to get 45 or 48mm butterflys? correct me if im wrong 48s will be louder i guess and allow more air in for more power.

Obviously going to have aftermarket TPS and i'l need Ph1 throttle pedal and cable.

when you remove the old inlet manifold and the bolt that went through the engine mount into it. Do you just sack it off? i noticed ktec with their kits put an Ali spacer block in.

What happens with regards to map sensors, brake vac pipes air temp etc?

I was hoping to find a patch lead for the loom too between the Renault plug for the throttle body to go to Jenveys TPS, Dont know if anyones found one or know what i need to make one up?

I'm sure i'l have more questions so i'l add as i put together my list!

Rich

172/1.2/E30
Easiest option for you would be a complete kit from TDF or K-Tec as everything is included for the conversion.

TPS should be contactless as the cheaper ones tend to fail often.
MAP-Sensor, E-throttle body and AIT-Sensor isn't needed anymore. (ITB systems run based on throttle angle and engine rpm)
Brake-vac line will be connected to the ITB setup.
I wouldn't sack the engine mount to inlet bolt off, as it's strengthening the whole assembly. Get a spacer or butcher the OEM inlet.

ECU-wise i heard that K-Tec lock their ECU's that they can only be mapped by themselves. Do you reall need a trip computer? You'll lose cruise control and traction control anyway.

Dodgy one
I also heard about Ktec locking their ECUs I think a select few people know the codes though, I'm pretty sure RS tuning can map them which is where i'd be going as its only 20 mins away. My Problem is I'm not wanting to lose my slam panel, chop up my grill and fit bonnet catches if i can get away with it.

One other reason for me choosing not to go with the Ktec kit although it is the easiest option, I'd have to use bonnet catches or run shorter trumpets sacrificing power and I thought the tapered Individual bodies would allow the air to enter the engine quicker than their kit would!

172/1.2/E30
You'll always need a bit shorter trumpets when retaining the slam panel. Will more affect the torque especially in low/mid raange. I chose a TDF ITB kit for my 172 as the EC1 ECU seems to be highly rated on here and the kit achieves good power increases even with the shorter trumpets due to the design of the bodies.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
no slam panel removal = no real torque gain.

Thats the best bit of ITB's, no point otherwise IMO

The complete KTR kit with GEN90 and is the best setup going. Jenvey DTH ITB's (The best throttle bodies you'll buy) and a plug and play, designed for use on Renaultsport cars ECU. This is what I offer for the 172/182

Dodgy one
So the DTH ones as Ktecs kit are better than x4 individual ones, I was under the impression 4 individual tapered ones would be a better choice?

Just thrown a spanner in the works completely lol, The plug and play kit with a base map loaded to allow you to pootle off for mapping does have a big appeal about it for DIY

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
individuals works fine, DTH is specific for the F4R, properly simulated flow development, and with much better injector positioning

mso

172 cup supercharged
Having my itbs done at ktec next week I'll let you know what they are like

Dodgy one
Having my itbs done at ktec next week I'll let you know what they are like

Great, It'l be nice to get some feedback on them, They look like they have put a lot of time into the kit. But there seems to be very little feedback or threads up on the ITBs and ecu they do.