ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body/ throttle body sensor...

renault clio 182
hi, hopefully someone can help!! at random times i have the engine management light come on and the car wont rev over 3000rpm in any gear! ( a b*tch when it comes to hills as you can imagine! )

had it plugged in at a garage ( not a renault one ) for something different and he said that this issue popped up on it but it wasnt doing it at the time so didnt bother with it.

anyways getting to my point just wondering if anyone has had this on their car and how much is it to fix? i got a 54 plate 1.2 dynamique

thanks nick

No car
What you've said is what I've had! I changed the throttle pedal (£15), that didn't seem to work, changed the throttle body (£35) recently and the light came back up so now all I have left to check is the wiring. I'll probably take it to a mechanic to look at coz I'm not too good with wiring. How long have you had this problem for?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be a second hand TB and pedal. I've just replace a pedal on a '53 1.2 16v today at a cost of £54 including the VAT.

Have you considered that maybe the used parts you have fitted may also be fekk'd?

You really should have the car properly diagnosed rather than guess and then spunk your cash everywhere. Live data is the key not fault codes!

Mick

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

renault clio 182
it like comes and goes, and its weird cause sometimes it'll be like that randomly after turning the car off to go into tesco's for example and the i'll copme back out and it'll do it again!! this is what makes me think its a sensor and not the actual body but just glad someone else has had it so its not just me haha ( do feel sorry for you for having the pain in the bum problem though ) haha!

im thinking of going to the renault dealer but i know from last dianostic test he said theres about 5/6 hidden faults but not major you know and they might make out its a bigger deal than it is for the dosh!! :(

renault clio 182
oh and it hasnt happened for a few months *touch wood* but started about 6 months before that period on and off..

No car
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
You changed the throttle body for £35?! There's no way you changed that so cheaply... Haha :)
yeah, second hand throttle body for £35 posted then I fitted myself.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
It'll be a second hand TB and pedal.

Have you considered that maybe the used parts you have fitted may also be fekk'd?

You really should have the car properly diagnosed rather than guess
Spoke to Dan at 519 automotive.... He changed the second hand pedal. Then spoke to him after and he said if it comes up it'll be worth changing the TB... The fault codes have been read and it says the throttle potentiometer circuit 1 and 2.

No car
I think I've fixed it now to be fair. The throttle body that I fitted was my one.. I took it off and put it on the floor next to the other one and when I came to put the new one on I picked up the one that I has just taken off!:banghead: Yesterday I took off the old one put it a different place to avoid confusion.. And put the other one on. When I started the car it kept on stalling and took it out for a drive and kept stalling when braking so got home disconnected the throttle body from the plug at the back started it... Left it running for twenty seconds or so turnt it off plugged the throttle body back in started and was perfect! Went on a drive to gatwick to pick up the old folks from the airport and no sign of the light so looks promising!