ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle cutting off (sensor or relay) HELP!!!

Ph1_Bhav

ClioSport Club Member
  Phase 1 172
Hi Guys and Girls,

Picked up a 182 yesterday, when im in 4th gear at 7k revs the throttle stops and one of the lights on the dash comes up(middle one with a box and squiggly lines), hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this issue few friends have told me throttle position sensor or a relay?

If i turn the car off and back on its fine or sometimes that doesnt work and i have to pull out the sensor from behind the throttle peddle then it works again.

anyone had a similar issue?

PH2 172
Do not go buying pedal or throttle body.Mine was corrosion in the wiring.Mick Pittman at Diamond Motors sorted mine for less than the cost of a pedal.Loads of threads about this on here.lots of it misleading.

Ph1_Bhav

ClioSport Club Member
  Phase 1 172
When it happens and I press the accelerator it doesn't do anything just sticks at 2.5k revs

PH2 172
%
When it happens and I press the accelerator it doesn't do anything just sticks at 2.5k revs

The ECU thinks there is something wrong with brake light circuit,or possibly the cruise control.99% certain it will be bad connections.
Contact Mick at Diamond,he`ll fix in his sleep or PM AlexW,he is also probably on top of this.You`ll find Alex in a thread North Weald,Diamond is on here as a trader.

Ph1_Bhav

ClioSport Club Member
  Phase 1 172
%

The ECU thinks there is something wrong with brake light circuit,or possibly the cruise control.99% certain it will be bad connections.
Contact Mick at Diamond,he`ll fix in his sleep or PM AlexW,he is also probably on top of this.You`ll find Alex in a thread North Weald,Diamond is on here as a trader.

Cheers pal I will contact one of them

Nimbus Grey 197
sorry to hijack a thread but has anybody fixed this them selves and know where the wires lead or track as I have the same issue apart from mine backfires then does this ??