ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle issue

ph2 172
Hi guys,

Occasionally recently, when I am driving fast into a corner, I lift off, brake and turn in, and get a problem.

The car is self accelerating, but it' is as if someone is stamping on and off the throttle it only does 2-3 blips but enough to scare the living .... out of me.
I let my friend drive my car and coming round a roundabout on light throttle the car accelerated itself. Putting the clutch in and blipping the throttle or leaving it stops the problem instantly.

Wondering if anyone else had heard of this before as I couldn't find anything here, I don't get any errors on the dash either.

Thanks

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Could be traction control my cupra r used to do it, like it would back off when it cut in at the same time Id let off the the throttle would momentarily return to the position it was last at, then realise you were off the throttle

ph2 172
I have changed my tyres tonight, I'll give all the abs rings and sensors a blast over, clean the throttle body out, and try a spare pedal I have.