ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle jumpy and lumpy only at really low revs???

Monaco 172
hey iv started to notice that my car is a bit jumpy and abit bumpy on low throttle but only on about 10-14k revs, it may hesitate for a slipt second at say 30mph in 4th if i apply a small amount of throttle.

So It was on the drive yesterday and i lightly pressed the accelerator and the revs went up to about 2k then it went down to about 1.5k and stayed there a bit then back to 2k!

Anyone know what may cause this? no fault codes

thanks alot​

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
when's the last time it had sparkplugs? lambda sensor functioning fully? (and this doesn't mean a code coming up)

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I had this problem, had to change the throttle body cable due to the cable fraying somewhere in the engine bay. Made a small link from the ecu straight to the throttle body. Not a hard job and it's been 2 years since its hiccuped. Helps being an electrician :p

Monaco 172
thanks for your reply guys,

would the lambda sensor cause this? because i recently had a replacment during my mot but it was a secound hand one :( and its funny because this is when all the trouble started

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
I sought of had the same problem with mine, I took off the inlet, throttle body and sensors and cleaned them all out with carb cleaner and touch wood its worked fine since

Monaco 172
when's the last time it had sparkplugs? lambda sensor functioning fully? (and this doesn't mean a code coming up)

do you think it could be the lambda sensor? I might get one and see if it'll fix it but do you have to reset any codes for it to take effect?