ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle pedal "lump"

There's something a bit weird with my throttle pedal

It's smooth 90% of the way down - but when you get to 10mm from the carpet it hits resistance and you have to really push it to go past that point

Like a lump - it's really hard to explain

I made a video of it on my iPhone that i'll try to get uploaded later - but anyone any idea whats wrong with it?

Can I just unplug and unbolt the throttle assembly and swap it with one off another 172/182 - will that fix it?

2003 Clio 172
Is that not something to do with cars that have cruise control or the speed limiter in trophies?

When you push it past the lump it kills cruise control?

Mine has it too btw

Jj

182 Trophy
This is normal. The throttle is fully open when the pedal is at 90% as you say, but push a bit harder & it clicks to touch the floor. This is to cancel cruise control/speed limiter if it has been set.

Might just be that all clio throttle pedals do this, with or without CC/SL

Clio 172 ph2
Mine too has cruise and limiter and has this click

My other one was a 2002 model without cruise etc and had no clicky bit at the end of pedal travel, so maybe non cruise models dont have it

Mk1 Phase3 1.4 RT
Check the bottom of your trainer, I was trying to figure out why there were a lump in my pedal for ages, came down to a drawing pin lol