ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle position sensor Switch A?

Just picked up a 172 which has been sat for a few months. Car starts and drives but light on dash and there seems to be a delay in revs when putting foot on throttle.

Torque says - "Throttle/Pedal position Sensor/ Switch A circuit" as a fault

Is this the throttle body or pedal? as have a spare pedal in the garage i could try. However im thinking TB as makes a funny noise when engine is running

cheers

PH2 172
Just picked up a 172 which has been sat for a few months. Car starts and drives but light on dash and there seems to be a delay in revs when putting foot on throttle.

Torque says - "Throttle/Pedal position Sensor/ Switch A circuit" as a fault

Is this the throttle body or pedal? as have a spare pedal in the garage i could try. However im thinking TB as makes a funny noise when engine is running

cheers

Neither,note the word circuit.
95% sure it will be corrosion in the wiring loom,usually the large white connector in the engine bay fuse box.
This subject comes up on a regular basis.Search threads by LIMP MODE.
Throttle body whining noise is normal.

Neither,note the word circuit.
95% sure it will be corrosion in the wiring loom,usually the large white connector in the engine bay fuse box.
This subject comes up on a regular basis.Search threads by LIMP MODE.
Throttle body whining noise is normal.
just had a look in the fuse box, is it the white connector at the top that has a lot of fuses and realys plugged into it? Thought i would try the pedal but sods law that the car is out of battery. So stuck that on charge overnight and will give it whirl in the morning

PH2 172
just had a look in the fuse box, is it the white connector at the top that has a lot of fuses and realys plugged into it? Thought i would try the pedal but sods law that the car is out of battery. So stuck that on charge overnight and will give it whirl in the morning
No,it is clipped into the bottom of the box.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
as steve said had this on the cup for 3 months,what steve said fixed it bloody french crap lol

No,it is clipped into the bottom of the box.
as steve said had this on the cup for 3 months,what steve said fixed it bloody french crap lol
Ahh ok cheers, car doesnt seem to have a fuse box cover so i dont think that is helping in keeping the elements out. Will have a look in the morning for it. Managed to get a video of the noise the TB is making, dont know how to upload it onto here tho.

Went out this morning, where abouts am i looking? dont want to sound like im ignoring your advice but TB sounds more like a nasty scratching than a buzzing, normal? Pedal didnt make a difference.
16104371238_3069ed8853_c.jpg
20150116_085205 by felixta22, on Flickr

PH2 172
Went out this morning, where abouts am i looking? dont want to sound like im ignoring your advice but TB sounds more like a nasty scratching than a buzzing, normal? Pedal didnt make a difference.
16104371238_3069ed8853_c.jpg
20150116_085205 by felixta22, on Flickr
TBO,I spent hours cleaning this and checking that.I would have been better off doing a bit of overtime.In the end I took it to Mick at Diamond Motors,who sorted it while I went for something to eat.
I would give Mike at Rentech in Portsmouth a ring,023 9266 5848.He has no doubt seen a few of these.