ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thumping noise

s4m

clio 182
ive put a sub and amp in my car and ever time i turn the car on and of and flash the head lights its making a thumping noise

Hmm. Never used that, not sure what it's like.

Move your earth to the bolt on the isofix bar, just behind rear seats. Great place, just sand off a little paint around hole to get clear contact.

If you have some cable around. 1st test a direct earth to the battery to see if it resolves the issue. Just something rough to see quickly, this will help establish. But i'd put money on it being a poor earth.

Try earthing directly to the battery if you can. See if this solves it. If so then there are earth issues.

Where is the fuel earth?

Hmm. I'd deff try a direct connection to battery first. To rule out if ti's earth issue or not.

Do that and get some pics of your earth so i can have a look.

Any wire will do for a simple test, within reason. Just turn the volume right down.

If you don't have any wires. Just get me a pic of the earth.