ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking, And Car Shaking

Vantage
I know its a renault thing when the gear box shakes..

but today my cars gearbox started shaking more then it usually does.. the car does not pick speed as quick as it did before

and now as i was parking up.. i started hearing a ticking noise comming from somewere around the dash..

when i put my AC on the car shakes even more!!?

what can this problem be and how can it be solved..??

Vantage
any chance it can be one of the following:

"Vacuum leak on intake, Or MAF sensor acting up if throttle body injection"

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
all you gotta do is start the car and unplug them one at a time and if the idle of the car deosnt change than thats the plug thats not workin otherwise if nothing happens its not the plugs thanks.

Vantage
^ your gearbox does tho,

theres 2mounts for the gearbox so either one need's to be replaced.

i recently got a new gear box fitted aswell?

if it needs replacing, does it slow the acceleration of the car down? as i mentioned.. the car does not move as quick as it normally does

its the spark plugs mate if one doesnt spark one of the cylinders will be just smoking and not firing...

Vantage
ok i just started the car up 10 mins ago.. i noticed there was allot of smoke coming from the exhaust? it was not black smoke.. any ideas!!??

so basically..

the car is

reeving itself
smoke from exhaust (not black)

i have not tried spark plugs yet...

Last edited:
lol told you it will smoke please try spark plugs lol you want me to bloody post you some :)

Vantage
Solved & Fixed!!

the problem was Coil Pack..!!

Thanks for all the help and support.. you were all a big help!... appreciate it alot..

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think every single Clio i've ever had has needed a coil pack at some point! 5 minute job mate.

Peddled device
My bro tells me his 1.2 Sport won't pull well on the M-way and never gets above 80mph.He's had the car checked out but nothing found.Could it be the coil-pack l wonder?

Vantage
yeah, i was loosing acceleration too..

i replaced the coil pack and spark plugs.. and it seems to be back to normal now...