ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking noise in bonnet and engine won't start

Renault Clio 1.4 06
Hi guys, I am new to this haha! Basically I have just bought my first car a renault clio 1.4 16V dynamique s 2006 MK3 version and as I have not passed my test yet it has just been sat on the drive for a bit but as I was kicking the engine over and playing with the controls every now and again the battery went flat so I used jump leads to start it using my dads car and it works fine for about an hour but then it goes dead again, I have also just noticed even though the battery is completely dead as no lights will come on at all and I can't even lock it as the engine is so dead there is an odd ticking noise coming from the right hand side of the bonnet (as if you wear standing in front of the car) located by the battery

Any help would be good as I don't have a clue, if you need any more info just let me know! Thanks in advance Tom.