ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking noise when clutch is up but gone when down

CLIO V6 255
just started hearing a ticking noise when the clutch is up, when i press the clutch down it goes away, only noticed it when the cars hot. but could be when cold aswell. its on my Williams.
could it be time for a new clutch because you do have to lift clutch far up for biting point?
any suggestions..

172 Race Car
Sounds like the clutch to me. Bearing could be starting to fail or springs in the release cover coming loose. If its a high bite point like you say then it sounds like time for a change anyway.

Ive seen a few Willy's with stupid heavy clutches! Can cause cables to snap too. As they go heavy over time the owner doesn't notice, Just gradualy gets worse. untill its replaced and then it feels totaly different and they then can telll how bad the old one was