ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidy up for the Cup!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I used a drop of the zymöl stuff i use to clean the car John and i mean a drop, rinsed lightly with luke warm water and patted down with a cloth to get the worst of the water off and laid to dry over night. It really made some difference!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cleaned her yesterday and by chance found a great location for pictures (that happens to be less than a mile from my house!)

image_zps43a5f05d.jpg

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Another wee quick update!

Since I got the Cup I always wanted Xenons so after scouting around for a pair around the forum since I got it I didn't want to have them posted as I know how fragile the clips are so waited for a pair to come up locally. Luckily, Stu & Dave got a Phase 2 in for breaking and it had the xenons fully intact. So after agreeing to clean both their steering wheels, they agreed to fit the lamps for me (Cheers Stu!).....

Stu getting busy;

096_zps1b90c6a3.jpg

097_zps8efac462.jpg

And the end result;

102_zps87253e0f.jpg

103_zps3f35b0ef.jpg

The offside front is a little misty but a light sand with the 1M kit will sort that out, i'll probably leave it until a warmer day (July/August) lol.

His steering wheel was in worse shape than mine and still came up pretty well!

095_zpsd18e49ee.jpg

And one of the Cars!

099_zps0380349c.jpg

Thanks again Stu/Fraz, well pleased with them!

Danny

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the Cups honesty mate. Just an out and out hot hatch and does what it says on the tin.

I'm gay and would need a 182 with toys but I love the 172cup.

It's like a modern 106 Gti if that even makes sense mate.

Pft calling me Dave! Least you corrected yourself later on ;)

I would of helped stu, but I was away delivering something! He never said what time you were coming lol!

Thanks again for my wheel, looks cracking! Going to give it another going over, what's the trick?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cheers Kev!

Fraz - no trick, just go easy on it! Really doesn't take much! I was pretty surprised at how well yours came up!!!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Warm water, soap, soft nail brush. Go at it easy, then rinse it with warm water and pat it down with kitchen roll - piss case!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well, not much in the way of updates of late due to the fact i've been on a bender since boxing day. I did manage to get it washed the other day though (second time since Novemember :()

I am putting a lot of thought into selling it tbh, i really want a Megane 250 or a Mk1 Focus RS. I've got an interview next week for a full time skippers position at work which is more money so that would pay for the running costs of either, i'm being swayed towards the 250 but i'll see.

null_zps55acb7d4.jpg

Had it serviced at Rentec in Edinburgh just before Christmas and also had the timing adjusted (it was a few degrees out apparently). The car was transformed and mpg increased about 4mpg. Absolutely un-believable cars, i just know if i did sell it - i'll almost certainly have another.

Dan

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Danny, my recaros are needing a good clean! Do you think the method you use on the sabelts will work?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm really not sure matey, i would imagine the seats would retain a lot more moisture than the Steering wheel's?

I'd ask gally, he'll know what to do with them!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mk1 FRS is depreciation proof motoring.

Megane RS is that bit more modern more toys, nice interior (ie not blue!)

id love a mk1 FRS and would have one over a mk2 meg RS no problem, but 250 or mk1 FRS is a tough call! would depend on the colour/option combo of the meganes on offer!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats the problem i'm seeing with the 250's though. I'd ideally like Recaro's and xenons but it seems
to be f**king one or the other? I'd also like red or oyster grey, again, seems to be a tall order.

I really like the sport yellow but i feel it would do my tits in after a while!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So anyway, last week i went to work as normal and the car was fine, finished my shift went to start the car and an almighty squeal coupled with smoke meant something failed. Had a look, the housing on the alternator cracked and so shifted about 5mm to the side causing the water pump pulley to foul the lower cambelt tensioner (i think?).

Anyway, bought all the parts and my mate shaun's fitting them tonight!

null_zps11a55d58.jpg

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wouldn't say that Dave ha!

So anyway, my mate came over tonight to sort the cup out, stripped it down and found this;

null_zpsb29dfa4b.jpg

There is a good chance that alternator was actually put on damaged, the way the nuts were arranged makes it seem so anyway!

The water pump was absolutely fine on tye car so didn't change it! Will be returning it tomorrow! Took the Cup a 40 mile run, what a car!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
U selling? I'm after a cup as a weekend motor pm me if selling

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Undecided mate, i just don't know what to do, had a few pm's regarding it. Really is a fantastic motor!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Bought a full service kit for the car, opted to go with changing the gearbox oil as the cars now on 93k and as theres no service interval, i thought why not.

9F376654-627C-40E2-B326-C5BF8128B88B_zpsxbreiwmp.jpg

I went for the URS3's tyre wise as i rate them highly! And at a decent price delivered from camskill i couldn't complain. The wheels are also being done on Tuesday by a company that seems reletively new but the reviews so far seem positive so i'll give them a bash!

The Cup is here to stay, i went to view an 8l Audi S3 the other week, couldn't fault it and was close to buying but something came up which means i won't be moving on a other car until August, at least.

Absolutely superb cars.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ahhh, my brother bought the Type R mate! Premier ed one!

And actually smiling for a change lol!:hearteyes: