ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiff Needell: C*** extraordinaire

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Each to their own some people like to keep their cars wraped in cotton wool but most like me enjoy driving them hard.

Nippy white cup
Superb driving and surprising that he likes it as Tiff usually only likes cars that a RWD and can be slid round every bend fully lol.

And how good is it where he flicks the rear out and looks like he is going to loose it yet flicks it perfectly straight...amazing

Chris

www.renparts.co.uk
i can't believe how much of a sad Tw*t you are to post this thread. Hes driving it just how it needs to be driven.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Superb driving and surprising that he likes it as Tiff usually only likes cars that a RWD and can be slid round every bend fully lol.

And how good is it where he flicks the rear out and looks like he is going to loose it yet flicks it perfectly straight...amazing

Chris

aye, he's always sooooo smooth when regaining grip!

he couldn't perform a tank slapper if he tried! :cool:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
What you got to remember is a year ago people on here were slating the 197 and saying things like "The Steering is cr*p, it's too expensive and it's too heavy". Now everyone seems to be buying one lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Great Car, Great Driving and a Great Video, Its Grrrrreeeeaaaat!!!!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
have to say after watching that video i'm falling in love with the new shape clios, and the 197 in particular

Megane Mk4
Good video, even if it's been seen before..

Shame he didn't time the willy and the 197 round that track to show comparision though, would be good to see the difference standard to standard :(

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i think tiffs a jock strap.. he can drive and way better then most, on track and d1cking about, but i hate watching cars go round bends backwards as its ghey..

i wanna see stig type track attacks, a real test of what a cars worth..

yes tiff can drive, but he doesnt, he gets paid to drive like a wolly which he has skills at..

Golf MK6 GT TDI
i think tiffs a jock strap.. he can drive and way better then most, on track and d1cking about, but i hate watching cars go round bends backwards as its ghey..

i wanna see stig type track attacks, a real test of what a cars worth..

yes tiff can drive, but he doesnt, he gets paid to drive like a wolly which he has skills at..

Tiff can drive good and bad but joe average wants to see arse out action not focussed laps.

OP is gay though.

Tiff does focused fast laps all the time!

as tiff says "enuff messing about, time to set a tidy lap!!" haha

i dunno if he says that in this vid as i cant see it at work :(
but every other time i watch tiff he seems to come out with something along those lines!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Top driver!

I remember when him and Plato where up Castle Coombe testing the M3 Vs the RS4.

Tiff can sure chuck a car about.

MCS R56
What a dumb thread! A fantastic driver getting slagged for driving a performance vehicle to it's limits and beyond?

Octavia vRS tfsi
Great video, great control, great to see it being used for what Renault designed it and not some speed bump racer cruising the housing estates poser car.

Do 197's have an LSD?

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Ok ok, I can't believe everyone's missed my point so badly. It's a front-wheel-drive Renault, gifted with a superb chassis and suspension setup by the supremely capable Renaultsport engineers so that it holds the road better than any of its rivals. So what does Needell do? Forces the car into slides it was never meant to do, thus spoiling the drive and slowing it down. All he's doing is showing off just as any chav might on McDonalds car park. The car isn't meant to be driven like that so how the hell he thinks he can comment on the handling I don't know. It might be balanced when it's sliding, but only as a by-product of it being well set up for proper cornering. I've never liked the guy anyway, probably because of the self-satified grin he's always got on his smug face, but the reason this video really annoyed me is because I do the same job he does, only I live in the real world while he's off in fantasy land testing cars in ways they simply can't be used on the road. And anyway, if you want to do that on a track, anybody with half a brain cell would spend their £15k on a used RWD car like a Silvia or something. So thanks for a completely pointless test, Tiff.

*boooo* just because hes a better driver. . .how can u not like someone beacuse of his smile . . .if he thrashed it and had no problems then surely on a road where u cant do that itl be a pretty much flawless

Last edited:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
if he dont drive it to the max hows he guna no what its capibale of? think things throguh before you say lol

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Worst thread ever. It was a bit for TV - it's meant to be entertainment.

Tiff is a better driver than anyone on here will ever be. End.

Dan

172 /megane cab
know what you mean howis that as fast as the clio can go round that track when his goin sideways hate 5th gear top gear have the right idea same driver same track ( hate that b**ch they call buthead henderson)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
So you've never got the backend out on a rounabout in your rattly 182??

New thread needed.

dandycaptain: c**k extraordinaire

53 Clio's & counting
Ok ok, I can't believe everyone's missed my point so badly. It's a front-wheel-drive Renault, gifted with a superb chassis and suspension setup by the supremely capable Renaultsport engineers so that it holds the road better than any of its rivals. So what does Needell do? Forces the car into slides it was never meant to do, thus spoiling the drive and slowing it down. All he's doing is showing off just as any chav might on McDonalds car park. The car isn't meant to be driven like that so how the hell he thinks he can comment on the handling I don't know. It might be balanced when it's sliding, but only as a by-product of it being well set up for proper cornering. I've never liked the guy anyway, probably because of the self-satified grin he's always got on his smug face, but the reason this video really annoyed me is because I do the same job he does, only I live in the real world while he's off in fantasy land testing cars in ways they simply can't be used on the road. And anyway, if you want to do that on a track, anybody with half a brain cell would spend their £15k on a used RWD car like a Silvia or something. So thanks for a completely pointless test, Tiff.

i do understand where your coming from mate but french hot hatches have always been known for there playfull handling,being able to throw it around and have some fun as well as driving hard,i will admit that video would have been better if it had shown tiff on a proper 'tidy' lap,but to be honest tiff can throw cars about like a god,i know he isnt the 'best' but who is?

i love the feeling of braking hard,feeling the back end squerming (sp) and playing with the car on and off throttle,yes its not the fastest way to go,and the harder you try the slower you go,but for a good example my old hybrid was the most fun iv ever had down a B road or on track,feeling how the car moves about with throttle and gentle steering movement and surely when it comes down to it isnt that why we drive these french hot hatches- to have fun? :)