ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tightening wheel nuts for road use and trackdays

Renault Clio 182
Guys,

Am I right in saying that the standard torque wrench settings when tighening up a Clio 182 16'' wheel is 105 pounds of torque?? Also would this change if being used on a track?

Thanks

Golf GTD Mk7
sounds a little high. Thought it was 105Nm. Could be wrong though. Personally, just make the three normal bolts nice and tight and you'll be fine. Never had issues with overtightening them. (touch wood :))

I know Mike had issues on track with his coming loose even though torqued up correctly. This could have been down to powder coated wheels and the bolts no seating correctly I suppose. Best thing to do is tighten them, come back in, and check them.

VW Touran, BeetleCab
Hi,
No idea of the torque wrench setting, but after every run on the track, check your wheel nuts. I do mine just before I go back out again