ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

time for some spring cleaning on the 172

Monaco 172
after owning my car for about a year and after many months of considering selling my car and getting something else, ive decided to keep it and save my money for a rainey day. So, as we are now in spring ive decieded to give the car a once over and get all those niggerly bits out the way which have been bugging me for ages. My car is in really good condition and its annoying that just some small belmishes distract me on how clean my motor is. A few months ago i tried sorting out my headlights, tried the old wet and dry proceedure which i found on here, the results were good but there not great, i'll get some pics on here soon, so ive been looking everywhere for some new ones, but cant find any :( any suggestions?
They are really getting on my wick! I recently fitted some LED side lights but the condition of the headlights just make them look pants. Next on the agenda is a new windscreen seal, ive lost the top left hand corner peice, you know the L shaped rubber, another annoying thing to add to the list. Last but not least is my rims, they are pritty knackered now, they where quite bad when i bought the car but as the winter was bad there abit worse, ive been looking for some speedlines but at times there like a needle in a hay stack or to much monies :( might end up getting some replacement standard items which are in better condition than mine, but im not really a fan of the standard ones. Ive thought about 182 rims but im not overly keen on them either. I'll just have to keep a eye out for sum speedlines. Next will be changing my air filter, ive currently got a k&n 57i fitted it makes a nice noise when giving it the boot but i cant help thinking that the standard box with a panel would be best. I think im loosing torque and i hate the feeling that my car could be a more torquey if i put the standard box back in. I dont know the difference as i fitted the air filter as soon as i bought the car so wouldnt know if it is better or worse. Next is some yellow fog lights, yes some yellow fog lights. im a massive fan of the raider 5 turbo and thats why i bought a monaco blue sport, and i liked how the fogs where yellow :) retro and all that :). Lastly im really really really am considering some eibach sportlines, i like the way its makes the car sit and hopefully make the car fill more stable and less wobberly when changing direction. Ive never had a lowered car, and from the reviews of the sportlines on here i think there the best option for what im looking for. I'll keep you posted on what changes ive made, hopefully wont be to long before its spot on :)

cheers