ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to plan the tuning of the clio!

BMW Z4
Iceman, seeing as you don't have the car already, I'd probably research which is the best for britcar and get that one. Certainly you're more limited in terms of updated parts etc with a Clio as opposed to a civic etc.

Bear I know you're right and it's NOT the best car for class 4 but something pissed me off when I watched the 24 hour highlights from this year. The guy (seems a nice bloke) Said and I quote "We used to have the Clio and be at the back and now I know what it's like to overtake people" He is driving a Seat now.

To my mind that IS a BIG challenge for me and mates aside wanting me to join them in their Clio madness that is enough to make me build something that will kick his ass :) I also find that an odd comment as his seat is 1550 kerb so even if he sheds 200 kg he still tops out at 1350 so will have 550kg more than me when we are on the grid or in real terms about 6.5 average sized people in his car :) I can easily get 250 reliable horses out of the engine so its hardly gonna be slow.

Aside from that if I stick a maxi wide bodykit on it with wide track I think it will also look dogs myself. The super 16 is a gorgeous looking machine.

PS
Not correct on the updated parts etc. ic an get everything I need and more to do the Clio plus I detest Civics. Ugly looking thing.

PPS
Yes did look at MR2's and I do like them, bugger to work on though and my mates would be pissed if I go that route.

PPPS
Yes build project of course with loads of pics etc

PPPPS
Want a trophy next, this is just to gain full on endurance exp. Watch this clip and you will see where im heading.

172 cup
If you wanted big BHP and straight line speed, I would say you bought the wrong car. If you do go ahead with it, I would like a project thread as it will be a good read.

BMW Z4
From what we learnt from karting, endurance is NOT about big BHP and straight line speed it's about being fast in the twistys and keeping the damned thing going. In 24 hour this is even more so. But yes a project diary sounds a good idea and is on my list of things to do :)

brandon you are right, however having seen one of these kits and the number of these cars that are sold not long after completion, I would recommend anyone not to.

mso

172 cup supercharged
brandon you are right, however having seen one of these kits and the number of these cars that are sold not long after completion, I would recommend anyone not to.

I would recommend get it done and enjoy every minute driving it, I can guarantee anyone who goes in one will be blown away on how well they go those who go on about how much they cost can't afford to get it done in the first place, and anyone else who runs the sc kit down don't know what they are talking about or haven't been in one as I said before talk to the experts the tuning companies that do the conversions and don't listen to some of the people on here that have no idea what they are talking about. And before anyone goes on about why I'm selling mine it's simply a Change of circumstances.

I would recommend get it done and enjoy every minute driving it, I can guarantee anyone who goes in one will be blown away on how well they go those who go on about how much they cost can't afford to get it done in the first place, and anyone else who runs the sc kit down don't know what they are talking about or haven't been in one as I said before talk to the experts the tuning companies that do the conversions and don't listen to some of the people on here that have no idea what they are talking about. And before anyone goes on about why I'm selling mine it's simply a Change of circumstances.

Care to elaborate on that statement?!

clio 182
are there not a few 172 track cars getting charged just now......? dont see this advice on any of there project threads.........?