ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to purchase new 182 tyres..?

16500 miles, now only 2mm of thread up front left so I need some pretty urgently..
Im obviously looking for the best deal/price around so where do you recommend?
Also can the club discount come into play anywhere?

Thanks for your help
Rob.

Mondeo STTDCI
My tyres if you can get a tyre fitter to do them cheaply.

Put the rears on the fronts and the new ones on the rear.

Dave said:
My tyres if you can get a tyre fitter to do them cheaply.

Put the rears on the fronts and the new ones on the rear.

alright Dave why swap the tyres round?
Is that the best thing to do?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Costco do the Michelin pilot exalto for about £65 each. You need to be a member/find a member to take you though.

unfortunatly Fraggle I dont no anybody whos in with cosco.. That does sound like a good price though, Ive heard of some places selling them at 100 or more!!

Rob.

I went through Blackcircles, seemed to be well priced and they sent the tyres to my local fitter to be fitted. They swapped my fronts with backs, no idea why though, just means I will need new fronts quicker now!

Probably get a grilling for suggesting this but a quick and easy option would be kwik-fit?
How are places like that in terms of cost and stock for the Exalto?

tiTTy & SV650
Kwik fit website price matched tyres for my dad apparently. I use costco. more than £65 though.

Right just had a look on www.mytyres.co.uk there are 2 different types 205/45 R16 83v (£77.30) or ZR16 (£87.20) I think the only difference is the speed rating is that correct?
Being a different speed rating would one style where faster than the other?
My 182 is a non cup so im guessing the first type is the one I have on already?? Also 3% off cliosport discount....

Rob.

172 Cup
rwaterman: Have you considered buying any other tyre than the Exalto?

Also, 3% discount? That's pretty pathetic, ain't it?

Mazda MX5 1.8
oh man i feel like a right pussy! lol

ive got 22k out of my tyres so far but they are getting pretty close to minimum

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
mine had loads left at 15k on my 182....

infact got 22k out of set of front michs on the 172. lol

VRS
adtmits said:
yours truly....

im sorting CC and makavelli out with theres.... sure i can sort you out with some as well.

do they usually have pe2's in stock at costco or will we have to ring ahead? rekon i may need to come meet you sometime in march lol, im on the last couple of mm

andy

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
^^is that for 205/45/16 exaltos, because i've just been on kwik fit website and got a fitted quote of £470 for four tyres! which is £25 a corner more than what your saying.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
How much does it cost to join costco? is it a yearly payment or one off joining fee? do you have to be a business/VAT registered or can anyone join?

pecan said:
rwaterman: Have you considered buying any other tyre than the Exalto?

Also, 3% discount? That's pretty pathetic, ain't it?

Not considered any other tyre as im more than happy with these... Also 3% is pretty lame when you think about.
Ive just been down my local tyre shop 'Dartford Tyres' They dont have any in stock but can get them for friday and is £96 each including fitting, balancing etc..

Rob.

182 Full Fat
Go to my tyres, I just paid £76 each, then getting local dealer to do each tyre for a tenner a corner. Kwick fit quote £110 on internet plus £17.50 per tyre fitted!!:eek:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I need some new tyres but I am going to just order them and take to my local garage and get them to fit them for me.

182 Full Fat
Munday said:
I need some new tyres but I am going to just order them and take to my local garage and get them to fit them for me.

Best way. I ordered mine last tuesday, they arrived yesterday. Gonna get them fitted this weekend:approve:

172 Cup
rwaterman said:
Not considered any other tyre as im more than happy with these...

I know the Exaltos are a good tyre, but some would argue that the F1s are better, and you can get them on MyTyres for £76 each. They're supposed to be fantastic in the wet, which is good for this country. ;)

BMW Z4 3.0i
edde said:
Poor effort by all of you I get less than 10k out of my tyres.
This set I've got now will be lucky to see 5k.

I feel sorry for the poor b*****d who buys your car when you're done with it.

GazCB said:
I feel sorry for the poor b*****d who buys your car when you're done with it.
It has to be traded in I couldn't sell it on private I'd feel guilty its been on most UK tracks at least once.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I paid £68 for Michalin PE2 V rated fitted, balanced etc... ;)

If anyone is in the SE London area needing some let me know.

Also a Local place in Coventry willl do them at £76 fitted, or slightly better price on 2+

PM me if u need info.