ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing belt query in NI

2003 Clio 172
Quick shot in the dark here.....how much would it take for any of you guys @Fred@BTM @MicKPM @Dan@SJM to get yourselves over to sunny NI to do the belts, dephaser and pump on a Clio 172?

Has there ever been a group effort on this? Would there be many NI takers? How many could you bear to do in 1/2 days? ;)

Failing that, any NI people recommend someone who can actually do the belts on these PROPERLY?

No way...Is my car going back to Renault for this. I am still sure it isn't timed right.

Cheers
J

Do you have a workshop? Ideally if I were to do it id want a workshop with ramp. My days of working on the floor are done! Find me a workshop, and I'll price it all up but realistically it'll be more expensive than you coming here I expect.

2003 Clio 172
No workshop afraid bud.....I have to slum it in a small garage littered with kids bikes and lawnmowers :p
Fair point.....ferries across to the mainland aren't too scary I suppose, especially off season.

J

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I wouldn't be able to travel I'm afraid due to all the crap I'd need to bring. As Dan said, would be cheaper to have the car shipped to us

182 Trophy
Seriously no need to go outside NI to get the belts changed in your Clio. There are loads of mechanics able to do it very competently over here. Contact Eddie Spence at Renault in Newtownards. He can do a discounted price for RS owners and it's very competitive. They're a maindealer and the fellas work on a lot of RS Cars - so the timing will be fine!