ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing belt tensioner

Clio RT
arite people, just bought my timing belt and water pump ready to be fitted, the garage told me its advisory to change the tensioner for the timing belt. i've looked everywhere and can't find one anywhere, can someone direct me to a website where i can oder one, or anything for that matter. its a mark 1 clio 1.4rt 1996.
thanks

Clio RT
too late, i already bought the belt, it was only £15, so i just need to find a cheap or decent priced tensioner. me being me thought that it would turn out cheaper buying them seperate, cause they wanted £60 for belt and tensioner so i don't see how that works. any ideas of a cheap one?

simple yes or no would have done like but ya know. i still cant find a bloody tensioner for my car :mad:

haha @ You.
Freds answer was better then a "Yes" or "No" his answer elaborated the no.

It's rather hard to find a tensioner on its own as no one would want to buy just a tensioner as when the belt is un-tensioned no matter how old it is it will need to be re-newed
So cam belt kit is what you need :p It wont be to much either.

they'll probably be an idler too, take the belt back and buy the kit

Can't remember 100% on the E-type but the 1.2 D-type on the mk1 didn't have an Idler. Just goes round the Water pump,Cam,Crank,Tensioner.

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
I'd take the advice that you've just been given as gospel lad.

Several of the people who have replied to your request have changed more cambelts than you've had hot dinners.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have a tensioner for a mk1 1.4 energy engine, its done like 200miles. yours if u want it