ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TinEye

Probably the most eye-opening site I've ever used, thought it may be of interest to some people...

http://www.tineye.com

Basically, upload or link to one of your images and it will scan the web for usage of it. The first one I tried of mine came back with 64 hits (all of which were genuinely my photo), a few people passing it off as their own on Flickr, more so on DeviantArt, lots of Wallpaper sites, even today.com (big MSNBC website)...then as a bloody album cover!

What have you done aBout those using it without your permission mate?

Nothing so far, after several photos I had over 100 hits in total, far too many to chase. My main concern was looking for sites making money off of them (i.e. as prints), thankfully none so far. Wallpaper sites I can live with (and people using them as forum avatars, quite flattering really!), but people posting them as their own on Flickr is just cheeky...they will be getting contacted!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Seen this mentioned on here before and it looks good.

But can I ask a silly question....how can you prove to them the image IS actually yours? :)

Oil Burner
Google has had this feature for ages, funnily enough this search cant find lots of place i've put my own images. But it does throw up a few interesting results every now and then.