ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tinny cars

clio 172 sport
i frickin love my clio sport but recently i have noticed a few car park dings appear from parking next to tw@ts that dont appreciate other peoples pride and joy :evil: .
why are the door skins and panels so tinny?

visualize whirled pe
All modern cars are the same. They dont make em like they used to.

Very true.

I've mentioned this before on CS, my old ford never picked up one parking dint in the 3 years I had it, the metal must have been made from melted down tanks or something! But honestly it was very solid and so was my Morris Minor, and my Triumph.
The clio has plastic front wings, not a good start!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i had and an old s reg saxo and it was solid as was my dads old p reg 106, but my mate has a 02 plate saxo and it seemed really fragile. if you brus past the body panel it deflects, i bird couldn't even land on the bonnet without it bowing ( it bounced back but come on).

i think its all this alloy business, they dont use metals any more they use alloy which is blended metal. whic i think is lighter great but its alot softer i think the paint has more regidity than the metal these days.

my dad used to have a kia, you literally get the bodywork on a roll from morrisons for 99p it dinged when you opened its door it had no strengh at all, light though, so light in fact, if you swing the door shut the drag it has, over comes the weight and the door doesnt close, you needed to physically close the door all the way until the locked clicked. but i suppose its a good thing, if you slammed it you's probably buckle it. and the chassis.