ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tint or not to tint???

The police in Scotland say that your not allowed your front windscreen tinted at all,your front side windows have to let 75% of light through and the dark one's can be as dark as you like.Like said their not much you can do on most front windows as they come tinted from the factory slightly,i know someone who had a 106 and got the guy putting their tints on to test it with the light transmitter maching thingy and as standard it was only letting 76% of light through.

Most people up here now have them removed,the police have cracked down on it over they years if they stop you with tints to dark you will not be allowed to drive away. Saying that if your trying to get tints this has all helped as companys have had to bring their prices down so much!

Tangoed Works
My saxo vtr tints were really dark as standard. At night you cant see anything inside the car at all!

heres my clio, its tinted 85% at the back and 40% at the front, its only 5% over the legal limit for the front even tho it looks way darker than that.

causing major ball ache with the alarm tho as the amount of metal in the tint is causing the sensors to bounce off the windows and self alert.
at least i know its still there tho as it beeps at me every 5 minutes, lol

side.gif

back.gif

Last edited: