ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tinted Windows

C

Cupster

Thinking of tinting the windows on my Cup, very lightly. Has anyone done this? Were you pleased with the results? Im not sure if I should go for it or not!?!?!?! :confused:

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

yEP MID SMOKE IS THE ONE TO GO FOR !!

lOOKS GOOD AND STILL GIVES GOOD VISABILTY, AND ITS STILL LEGAL.

sO GLAD I HAD MINE DONE.

clio williams, Ph1 172

light smoke front windows and dark smoke back.

Cost about £30 for a couple of rolls of film and free fitting from a mate hehe.http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul3.jpg

Voila. Cant tell from all angles that its a different shade and thats how new cars have it with tinted windows so its good enough for mine.

Swine of a job to do though.

you have any pics of that u could upload fred? i wanna get as black as black tints, got the silver one of ur cars, or as renault like to call it, platinum lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

medium tint is not legal if it is applied to the front windows, the law states that only light tints can be applied to the front side windows.

clio williams, Ph1 172

thats what I had. My cars pretty light inside. I dont think its having dark tints in the front windows thats illegal but its something to do with the amount of light that can enter into the car. Havin them done too though would make it very dark so will probably be illegal. Ive not got my back window done. Just the side windows.

If you are having a cheap job done If you really want em dark get dark smoke but if you are pating like £200 to have em done I wouldnt risk it. The old bill will make you rip of the film at the side of the road like they did my mate lol. Its worth the risk for say £20 though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i had it done on my last clio to try and hide the motorised screen a bit, and i was told under no circumstances to put any more than a light tint on the front side windows, so i went for light on the front and dark on all three rear windows to try and darken it down as much as possible in the front. You do however see a lot of cars on the road with very dark front windows, not just boyracer cars either, range rovers, mercs, bmws, porsches, there are however certain counties in the country where police divisions operate equipment that reads the amount of light being passed through a cars window, so it depends where you are in the country and what you can get away with.

C

Cupster

Cheers fellaz!

Cliojohn, Paul16v: Those look likke the same shade of my windows on my old fiesta thats looks just right on yours but I dont really want them that dark as the colour of the car is very light. I want to get them so that it is obvious they have been tinted but as light as possible if that makes sense?!?! :confused:

Maybe a blue tint film if that is available but probably wouldnt look right?

Ad

MK2 FRS

Just got to be careful with the shade of blue. Mine is Platinum, and was considering getting blue tints. Any opinions?? Not sure whether it will look a bit odd,

CTR EK9 turbo

If you want cheap i can sort you out with some quotilly bin bags - theyre also good for smoked light clustas.

Dont you want to be seen in your nice cars? Im having trouble keeping my windows clean let alone darken them out!

cliojohn how much have u lowered yr car by? have u just used springs or have u done the whole kit? comments on handling, comfort, value all needed!

Is their a Matrix on the window (like small dots which are used to conduct heat) because on my Saxo the big problem was with when you lay the tint down theres a white outline all around the window. Not too noticable, but i was just wondering. Its for a MK2 172 by the way ...

Ive had my Mk1 done, got it done at Ultra Window Tint near Maidstone, in Kent. They did a quality job in about 2-3hrs. Cost £180 which was heaper than a few other quotes i had (and included VAT!). I wasnt sure what tints i wanted when i got there and he explained the options, basically light, medium or dark, or a combination. The medium and dark were illegal for the driver and passenger front windows cos they dont let enough light in, but if i wanted them done hed have happily done it for me! What i got in the end was light all round, apart from the rear windscreen which is medium. That darks down the car quite a lot, and means that it pretty dark without being silly (or illegal). I would recomend that you get it done professionally, having seen a few tragedies with the diy (but Paul16v seem to be an exception!). Whatever you get done youll like, its one of my favourite mods. Essay over, hope that helps a bit!

Jon

david, its been lowered 40mm on 4 apex springs. Vast improvement in handling and the ride is more safe feeling imo.

If you can afford it go 60, im already getting that nagging feeling that i need to relower it

i have to a phase 1 19 16v in white an a few ppl have said to tint the windows black but i dunno weather it wud look rite? wot do ppl think?????

John Ive had a fiddle with ur car in paint shop pro...u should deffinately see if u can new alloys that look like the originals but bigger maybe 18s if u could fit em! smoothed the lock, handle and indicators too

ok ok just realised I need someone to host it...e-mail me offers!

Just had my Dynamique 1.2 lowered 60mm on PI springs,

WOW! Looks amazing, handling brilliant, slightly rough ride but more than worth it.

Got it done at Rtec, near St. Albans only £80 for springs and £70 for fitting, bargain!!