ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tinting problem, quick question help needed

Renault Clio 1.2
I got my windows tinted on my 02 reg clio and now a couple of weeks afterwards theres these small bubbles round the edges about 1-2mm in diameter.

I went back to where I got them done and they said it was little bits of weld from when they were welding the car that had fallen onto the window and had just shown up when they'd tinted over them. They just gave me a squeegy and said wait until the weather gets better and the windows heat up and then go over them with the squeegy and press the bubbles down.

This seemed a bit strange as I didn't think they would do any welding on the car after the windows were in. I'm covered by a 12month warranty so they said if the squeegy didn't work then I could go back and they'll rip them off and they'll re-do them.

Do you think I'd be justified in asking them to redo them or do you think I'm being petty over such small bubbles? I did pay £180 for them so I'd expect them to be perfect.

Any suggestions?

www.renparts.co.uk
i payed 180 too. Took mine back for bubbles but werent round the edge. Theyre bull shitting you mate. I was quite reluctant to demand them to be redone but was glad i did. If they get arsey with you just say you will be in touch with trading stadards.

although i find they did come up at the edges on my rear window so i turned hot blower on full and left car for 20 mins then went out a pushed the edges down. Stayed down for good :) try it... if it fails take it back.