ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints questions?

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
I thinking off buying tints for my car. Now i wouldnt mind the rear 3 windows being dark black and the front to (on the doors) being smoked.

Here are my questions:

What tints are legall?
Has any one got any pictures of their cars with tints?
How much did it cost?
An where did you get it done?

I thinking off buying tints for my car. Now i wouldnt mind the rear 3 windows being dark black and the front to (on the doors) being smoked.

Here are my questions:

What tints are legall?
Has any one got any pictures of their cars with tints?
How much did it cost?
An where did you get it done?

the place i had mine done from only do legal tinting , they get you sign a form if you want to go any darker to show they're not responsible for you getting done afterwards .

you can go limo black in the back and 5% tinted on the front two windows .
in the mids you're looking at 150 ish now for the whole car .
profilepic17376_5.gif

CSTelfordmeet27-5.gif

Clio 172 mk2
Get it done professionally.

Personally I think they look pretty chav though....saw a black 182 with rear tints the other day and my god did it make the car look cheap/tacky

Each to their own though

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Back 3 can be as dark as you want not law on them but front two have to let at least 70% of light though.
If it don't let that much though you can get find £500 for ever 1%

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Front windows are as dark as they are allowed to be as standard from the factory.
I've had 35% all round on my golf and it looks awesome. Darker at the back and it looks like a van.

^^^ thats only true on newer clios isnt it dan? mine had no tint at all from the factory, its a 52 reg 1.2 16v. i had it tested as my uncle has access to testing equipment.

now have 25% tints all round;

DSC03132.gif

jamie

Forum went slow wasn't ment to post this lol i cant del it ether

Last edited:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^ thats only true on newer clios isnt it dan? mine had no tint at all from the factory, its a 52 reg 1.2 16v. i had it tested as my uncle has access to testing equipment.

now have 25% tints all round;

jamie

Nope thats not true.

Your clio has a 30% already.

Ive just been done over about mine!!
Standard clio windows are 28.9% Checked at VOSA Testing Centre.

You are over by 25% then J.

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
Front windows are as dark as they are allowed to be as standard from the factory.
I've had 35% all round on my golf and it looks awesome. Darker at the back and it looks like a van.

Correct

Thats why I thought I would ask as I thought it would look like a van. Just wanted to see if any one could help. Cheers for the help has any one in North West got it done an if you have where did you get it done?

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong

Personally I think they look pretty chav though....saw a black 182 with rear tints the other day and my god did it make the car look cheap/tacky

Each to their own though

I only want it done as at my college you always get the chavs looking in your car to see what they can rob off with.

An there is no secure car park. Also I do like it I must admit, however if I dont can they be removed?

Clio 172 mk2

Each to their own though

I only want it done as at my college you always get the chavs looking in your car to see what they can rob off with.

An there is no secure car park. Also I do like it I must admit, however if I dont can they be removed?

I think they can be removed

All I can say is get it done properly.....nothing worse than seeing limo black tints with bubbles in all over the place due to a shite DIY job.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Back 3 can be as dark as you want not law on them but front two have to let at least 70% of light though.
If it don't let that much though you can get find £500 for ever 1%

Who told you that ?????

So its worth working to the law i read it somewhere that it was to every 1% but its every window

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
The thing is, is my mate who has a meganne was saying he is getting his done and that the back windows can be tinted and that the front cant i.e. the front doors as they are already slightly tinted! So has any one got tints on all but main screen an what percent are they as i dont want just the back doing as that wont hide my head unit! An as said earlier if the back is just done it look like a van!

Rsport182Cup'd

Each to their own though

i dont really think so, you got it wrong there...................

30012007009.jpg

Picture100.jpg

30012007.jpg

30012007021.jpg

30012007015.jpg

30012007011.jpg

30012007010.jpg

30012007009.jpg