ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips?.. how to get fuel rail back on.

Ex 182 owner
Off no probs,
injectors swapped no probs,
Can i get the damn thing back on....
No1. pops in no problem. the others just dont appear to want to locate.

Any tips?.. I have tried a bit of wd40. I amassuming they all need to pop back in so that it takes a reasonable pull to get them out again (as it did when i pulled them off).

Thanks in advance

Chris

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It can be really hard to get them back in. Ive done the same as levaz in the past.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, get it positioned in place. Sometimes they pop straight in, otherwise they can be fiddly. Use the rail bolts to pull the o-rings in, making sure they're not getting damaged. Then put pressure on the rail where required.

dan's cast offs.
imagine if you could get some kind of grease for rubber, how much easier that would make things.

182 Trophy
Rub a little bit of engine oil around the bottom o-rings. I've had my fuel rail off a few times. I set it on and line the injectors up and the push down directly on top of each injector. You can see the injector move down slightly as it seats properly. Using the bolts to pull the injectors down might not always work as the rail will flex slightly due to it being plastic. You should definitely be able to seat the injectors properly by doing it as how I have explained.

Ex 182 owner
Cheers folks.
Had some joy with sitting the rail on a house radiator to try and warm up the o rings a bit. Then i used a small amount of wd40 sillicon lub spray. Still needed a good shove but we are on.

clio v6
Off no probs,
injectors swapped no probs,
Can i get the damn thing back on....
No1. pops in no problem. the others just dont appear to want to locate.

Any tips?.. I have tried a bit of wd40. I amassuming they all need to pop back in so that it takes a reasonable pull to get them out again (as it did when i pulled them off).

Thanks in advance

Chris
Push them individually in the inlet then take them out then fit in fuel rail the fit attached to rail thats how i do it no probs