ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tires are cracked

monaco 172
just wondering should i replace my tires. there cracked a good bit nearly a full circle on the outside wall.

monaco 172
no cord but i can see the cracks. think there on the car more than two years now still plenty off grip on them.

I had this and eventually they started to very slowly deflate. Not worth the risk imo, could go bang or just deflate completley.

monaco 172
cheers lads. yea there startin to go down every few days now. and are really starting to feel unsafe really pissin me of. should i stay wit michelin or get some other brands.

www.renparts.co.uk
ive never seen a michelin tyre not like this on the 185/55/15 size unless they are nearly new. All the ones that come in as salvage are like that. Shame as ive never seen a cont like that, think its the squarness of the sidewall that makes them prone to it.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive noticed this aswel josh, michelins seem to crack real bad, i had to fail 4 michelins during an mot the other day as i could see cord, they all had 4mm tread aswel.

monaco 172
ive noticed this aswel josh, michelins seem to crack real bad, i had to fail 4 michelins during an mot the other day as i could see cord, they all had 4mm tread aswel.

4 thats mad. ive got eagles on the back so there not to bad. does any one know if i can run my car on 195/50/16 or can i got wider on the standard 172 alloys