ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tires for my clio cup

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hello good morning, my questions is:
for my clio cup what do you recommend, pilot exalto 205/45 r16 or 195/45 r16?
thank you:rolleyes:

cock mobile.
I've stuck to the 195, I didn't want to have bulging tyres on the rim; altough I'm sure others will say go for the 205s.

And I'd say GSD3s :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sh33n said:
I've stuck to the 195, I didn't want to have bulging tyres on the rim; altough I'm sure others will say go for the 205s.

And I'd say GSD3s :D

Agree, GSD3s are the bollox, last well too. I'll be going for 205/45/16 GSD3s all round when the time comes.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
205/45 16 PE2's - are the best alraound tyres. At least as good as GSD3 "Especially in the dry" and last a lot longer..!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
EVOgone said:
205/45 16 PE2's - are the best alraound tyres. At least as good as GSD3 "Especially in the dry" and last a lot longer..!

eagle f1s or PE2s?

I've made the change from 195/45/16 to 205/45/16 and can't say I' ve noticed a difference, but that's possibly as I've changed tyre type at the same time (original Conti's to Uniroyal Rainsport 1's - fab tyre IMO).

Mine certainly don't look like the bulge out (on FF 172mk2 alloys). I always felt the original tyres looked like they were squeezed onto a rim that was too small for them - sidewalls looked like the really sloped inwards.

I've heard of people on here going up to 215/40/16 on standard Cup rims too...

Vee dub
Yeah the conti's are a good tyre, but quite soft.. so don't tend to last as long as the 2 mentioned.... whatever your pleased with, stick to I say.

TomS said:
Yeah the conti's are a good tyre, but quite soft.. so don't tend to last as long as the 2 mentioned.... whatever your pleased with, stick to I say.

wot a pizza . i wos told the pe2 and f1s r softer compounds and they dont last very long ..................lol:quiet:

Vee dub
I'm just going on previous experience and what I was told by several people I know in the "tyre trade" lol

seems to make sense what they said to be honest....

cock mobile.
I'd say the F1s are wearing quicker than the ContiSports, but I prefer the F1s to them any day of the week.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
paolospeed said:
I order one set toyo proxies t1r 195/45 r16 for my clio cup,
result after road test....bye:)

Don't do it mate , i've had toyo t-1r's and t-1s's and they are both sh*t in the wet .
Exaltos are 100% better .