ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TL4 Gearbox 3rd/4th Synchro Upgrade Part Number

Nissan Pulsar
I'm from Aus running a Nissan Pulsar ST-S (MR16DDT w/ TL4 6spd box). I've been running a twin plate clutch and I've recently destroyed a gearbox. 3rd was crunching then failed and 4th failed soon after. I have a replacement gearbox and a WAVETRAC diff to go in as well but I want to do whatever I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. I notice that Renault runs the same box in the 197/200. People have referred me to a part that renault has changed from Brass to steel for the 3rd/ 4th Synchro in these boxes and after reading some posts on some of the Clio forums I wanted to see if there is a general consensus on best mods to do to look at keeping it together for a performance engine (looking for upgrades on actual parts w/ p/n's, I'm ok with doing gearbox work myself). Appreciate any help.

Ref Link:
https://clio197.net/threads/crunching-tl4-now-with-possible-better-synchro-rings.60789/page-3

Thanks,
Adrian

Nissan Pulsar
Is there any chance someone would have a VIN/ year and model type from a Clio with a TL4 gearbox 6 speed manual so I can search some parts up? Not too familiar with the model.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Is there any chance someone would have a VIN/ year and model type from a Clio with a TL4 gearbox 6 speed manual so I can search some parts up? Not too familiar with the model.
Any mk3 RS clio will have a TL4 -
197:
renaultsport_clio_197_2006_279.jpg

200:
ee127d1718c0cfda238b13645571cf0d.jpg

the 3rd and 4th gear syncro can be found here:
Renault Clio 197 200 3rd 4th Gearbox Synchro 8200641529 (renaultpartsdirect.co.uk)

you should find parts diagrams here:
Renault | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

Select Clio > Clio III > engine code F4R and gearbox code will be TL4

Nissan Pulsar
Anyone chasing this in future this site lists exact part numbers and lays it out nicely. https://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/individual-tl4-gearbox-parts

Looking at older part schematics though the parts seem to be completely interchangeable from what I can see.

*529 looks like the stainless part (replacement for the brass parts) at my best guess - yet to order

8200368022 - 5th/ 6th Synchro?

8200641529 - 3rd/4th Synchro?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
3rd/4th synchro are the same as the synchros for 5th and 6th. But, as they’re made of brass they will fail if you use them on 3rd/4th.

You have to use the ones specifically for 3rd/4th on those gears.

Clio 3 2.0 sport
Hey guys , new to the group

anybody know where i can get hold of the 3/4 gear synchros?
im based in east rand jhb side

Supercharged AB 197
Did you manage to find the synchros from Renault?
I am on the hunt now - got a grinding 3rd gear!