ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TO ALL MEMBERS AT TRAX

This has saddend me to be having to put this on here as i thought most members are reasonably decent people but it looks as i was wrong on this occasion.

As i washed my car on the saturday evening i made sure my car was all ready to be showed off at trax, but as i went back to it after the show i notice that some one has opened there door in to my drivers side door resulting in a nasty dent being left on the crease of the door, not an easy area to be repaired.

I do not expect any payment for repair as accidents do happen but a little goes a long way. All Im looking for is the person responsible to come forward and say sorry.

John

[Edited by Lee M on 07 September 2004 at 7:02pm]

pisser, i wasnt at trax, but i really seriously hate that happening to my motor, drives me nuts, so i sympathise with u

TT 225

I wasnt on the cs stand.. but that is a bit sh*tty. Unlucky there, I would have at least expected whoever did it to leave a sorry note or something - specially since it was the club event!

Lee

BMW M2C

I noticed those marks when you were pottering around as everyone packed up. I thought they were new as I remember your motor being 100% blemish free.

Really sorry to hear that happened at Trax mate, and I hope you get it sorted.

The only damage I did was catching my splitter when reversing onto the grass. :oops:

John,

from what i remember there was a willy 2 on the front row next to yours and another valver which i think was blue. quite shocking that someone would carelessly open their door like that.

Sorry to here about it.

I wouldnt believe that person who did it will post I just hope there willing to PM you. Only thing is that they know you know who they are so are proably embarrsed they didnt admit to it before hand.

Quote: Originally posted by ANT_CLIO on 06 September 2004

were u the 1 playing u ps2 and ask wot ur playing and u said need4 speed underground???
he was the one, towards the end on the little petrol scooter thingy

i was parked along the front, i know who was parked next to me,

and as lunner said i was the 0ne shooting about on a petrol goped

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I was on the front row, ad172 one side of me,cant remember who was on the other.Mine was one of the willy2s(the one at the end the v6 was at).Who was on my passenger side(tell me it wernt night.icon pleeese)

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g

were u the 1 playing u ps2 and ask wot ur playing and u said need4 speed underground???
I think that was rich_m

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 06 September 2004

he was the one, towards the end on the little petrol scooter thingy
There was a couple of us f**king around on that! lol ;)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

I was parked 3 rows from the front untill I went to do my sprint, then I was parked at the front with ad172 on my passenger side and a silver clio on my right (I remember this coz i had my door wide open and i had to move it in for him to get into his car! What colour paint is on your car?

leon cupra R

sorry to here that mate, people are soooo careless these days

seriously dont think anyone is gonna own up mate untill you confront the person if you know who it is, PM he/she and let them know

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 06 September 2004

I was on the front row, ad172 one side of me,cant remember who was on the other.Mine was one of the willy2s(the one at the end the v6 was at).Who was on my passenger side(tell me it wernt night.icon pleeese)
Rocko was on my other side,just came 2 me!

GR7

Shiny red R32

It obviously doesnt concern me, but I would have thought that everyone here is so fanatical about their car, where they park it and at least a doors width away from the next car, that I cant imagine that any member would be so careless as to not open their own door very carefully, so as to avoid touching a car parked beside their own car. Surely if what you think is true, then someone else would have a mark on their door too!

:confused:

the mark on their door could be on the side of the door at the edge and not so visible

but yea i agree with girlracer, it might have been someone just looking at the car and opened the door, not the driver so they might not know

Lee

BMW M2C

This has been put back in here as John would really appreciate an apology from the person responsible. Please dont spam the thread or start arguments in here.

Elise/VX220/R26

maybe a pm to the fella would be in order from th person responsible? so you can keep it private? obviously the person responsible might think he/shes gonna get linched if they post it up here!

This is here so the person concerned can pm john, at the end of the day the front row changed quite a bit, were not pointing fingers and not after payment but if the person is aware (and yes we understand they might not be) then an apology would be nice.

We are trying to sell the car, as we now have a lot of saving to do and the cash would help (occasions dont come cheep)

But now we are looking at one of two solutions dent master type repair and pray the paint dotn break as it is on the door crease, or repair and respray so either way not cheep, a sorry would make this easier to take coming out fo our savings, and as we dont take short cuts with our cars i imagine the second reapir is what will be done.

Clio v6

If you know who it is why bother with this thread?

PM the person and sort it privately woould be a more mature option rather than a public linching.

Just my opinion of course.

James this is not a public Linching as we have stated, For Godness sake WE DONT KNOW WHO IT IS, So how can we PM them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the person reads this they can pm John or Me Do you really think we are going to publically humiliate them or something, or do you suggest i contact everyone who was there and ask them if it was them.(70 odd emails)

I would have thought a little support would have been shown i know i would have been a bit more thoughful if someone else had posted this up in fact i would have done everything i could to try and understand where they are coming from, is that too much to ask.

I ask nothing of this club or forum in the whole and dedicate a lot of my time to it, this is the first time anything like this has happened and to be totaly honest i think we have been more than calm about the whole thing all we are asking is for the person if they know they did it to say sorry by pm.

I thought a discussion forum was for asking things and finding out information was i wrong.

shocking news, i got really paranoid so looked at my photos. I was in second row next to sexysez and a silver 172.

phew, i know it doesnt help u mate, but it makes me feel better knowing it wasnt me.

hope its all sorted... how much u lookin at the repair, maybe we could all help to cover the costs, would only be a few quid each?

Dan.