ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

to buy a v6 or not

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Isn't a major service inc. belts over £1k?

I have just had the vee serviced inc oil and filter changed waterpump aux belt cam belt and all tenioners changed for 900 at Reno. I drive the vee not even half as much as I did all the 1*2's. 200 quid for 2x michelin pilot sport rear tyres aint drastically more than tyes for a 1*2 bucket either.

Tbh the 172/182 are ridiculously cheap to run compared to other performance cars. My mums BMW runflats are similar price to the Vee's but the Vee does like petrol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I wasnt keen on the Vee in the twisties but when you get used to it i dont feel any differecnt from my 182 in terms of enjoyment. It is maybe less chuckable but the feeling of getting a corner correct and accelerating hard in 2nd gear is fantastic and felt miles better than the 182. The Vee is a totally different car and other RS may be better tha the Vee in corners but the Vee is more than capable.

Yours was a Mk2 iirc? Quite different. Not saying the Mk1 is worse, for the Mk1 lovers hehe, just very different. I didn't say it wasn't capable per say, I said it wasn't as capable as my R27 and I stand by that.

I beleive Ali said he was most impressed by the R27 on track, and would be able to lap faster in the R27 than his Vee?

Not on KW's! ;) But std for std on a twisty track the R was impressive. Fcukin boring in comparison tho! ;)

Vee :approve:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dreamer! In your wee monkey hands and some Avon rubbers you'll be glued to brick wall!

Don't buy a Vee - ffs what is the world coming too - Laura in a Vee, tut f**king tut!

I love the 'it's a great looking car - but to drive' comments from a few people on here.

How many of you that leave your 'nothing special to drive' comments have actually, and I mean actually not passenger rides, gone full on, 110% on track with a Vee?? - that's when you'll realise how good a car it is, and not before!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Don't buy a Vee - ffs what is the world coming too - Laura in a Vee, tut f**king tut!

I love the 'it's a great looking car - but to drive' comments from a few people on here.

How many of you that leave your 'nothing special to drive' comments have actually, and I mean actually not passenger rides, gone full on, 110% on track with a Vee?? - that's when you'll realise how good a car it is, and not before!

Agreed , not seen many pics in a while? I think the Vee handles superbly

A

ashy_gtt

I've been running a Mk1 Vee for nearly 2 years now and I have a house... Not sure what the point in saving for a house is anyway unless you save enoug to buy it outright you'll end up with a mortgage so just borrow a bit more... As long as you can afford the payments what the problem?

My Mk1 vee costs less to run than my R5gtt (appart from its last service which was £1256.00). I'm waiting for my new 182 to be dropped off this week... Does that make me greedy?!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've been running a Mk1 Vee for nearly 2 years now and I have a house... Not sure what the point in saving for a house is anyway unless you save enoug to buy it outright you'll end up with a mortgage so just borrow a bit more... As long as you can afford the payments what the problem?

My Mk1 vee costs less to run than my R5gtt (appart from its last service which was £1256.00). I'm waiting for my new 182 to be dropped off this week... Does that make me greedy?!

Most CS members and majority of the worlds population cant afford to buy a house outright tbh. A much bigger deposit can help alot but a few grand wont help much.

Racing Blue 182
I wouldnt do it...i loved my vee to look at and listen to...didnt enjoy driving it half as much as y 182 or vx220.

The costs of running were stupid...£60 fuel would last 3 days maximum, tyres were stupidly expensive and ran out quickly.

With that in mind, im glad i owned one, but dont think id get another, unless it was an LY with Recaros

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6
do it,
it is the once in a lift time thing.

i'm extrememly glad i did but now its time for mine to go as its insurance time again and since buying the car i got a new job that gives me a new passat (not the same but hey no running costs)

Just beware that unless you have a double garage door you'll have trouble getting it in and away.

if your interested heres mine and i'll drop the price a bit as a minor service and a new mot are due in september.
http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/ia.../object/?emcode=9708835&sid=xz2cabAColC888464

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
if you have another car to use as a runaround then yea, but at the same time i waslooking at 3.2 tt quatros for nearly the same price the other day and there the full race spec ones with leather and suade buckets and saude steering wheel.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6
but a tt looks a little gay really.

the new version is ok but cos there so new its lots of £££

i was going between V6 and Lotus Elise. Had S2000 in back of my mind too but once you have driven all three the clio has something a bit different in its own special way.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yea i agree but those tts are rare as fook and with a miltek added bobs ya uncle it would sound crazy. and as an every day car you could not compare the reilabilty of the audi to the renault and also youd own a audi not a renault lol. dont get me wrong the v6 is crazy my mate has a luna grey one, its stared a 24/7 but the tt is a beast

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
oh yeah i agree the TT is awesome but to the public its a TT, us Vee owners crave the attention the car brings, we are very shallow!! lol

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
oh yeah i agree the TT is awesome but to the public its a TT, us Vee owners crave the attention the car brings, we are very shallow!! lol

ha is an amazing car my friend owns v6 ufo if you no it luna grey one

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
this is the bad boy
http://pistonheads.com/sales/557893.htm
anything but gay imo, plus youd prob have change
Thats not a 3.2. The TT sport, had an uprated 1.8turbo with 240bhp, they never made the TT sport with the V6. Faster than the V6 TT, as it's a fair wack lighter. People who tend to suggest cars like this versus a Vee, have usually never driven a Vee. It's a very special car, it's unique and the reaction they get is unique. Someone I know owns a Gallardo, the Vee is the only car I've ever taken over that he was blown away by.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
well they make a 3.2 quattro mayb i been mixed up but still they must be pretty dam fast

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
this is the bad boy
http://pistonheads.com/sales/557893.htm
anything but gay imo, plus youd prob have change
Thats not a 3.2. The TT sport, had an uprated 1.8turbo with 240bhp, they never made the TT sport with the V6. Faster than the V6 TT, as it's a fair wack lighter. People who tend to suggest cars like this versus a Vee, have usually never driven a Vee. It's a very special car, it's unique and the reaction they get is unique. Someone I know owns a Gallardo, the Vee is the only car I've ever taken over that he was blown away by.

and deafened by it, holla

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
well they make a 3.2 quattro mayb i been mixed up but still they must be pretty dam fast
Yeah, was the first Audi with DSG available IIRC. The 225 is actually quicker, due to the weight.

i see any idea of speed in relation to a vee then? the interior has got summit over a vee by far though. the vee should really of had seats like that

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As standard (ie 225 TT) the Vee is slightly quicker, I'd imagine the TT sport is slightly quicker. Not driven a sport, TT's are nice cars, just not my thing (standard). A stripped, caged TT on coilovers would be great IMO.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i looked at TTs before i bought my 172 as i had 10k to spend but decided against it, glad as they look so dated next to the new ones now. and on test driving one i didnt like the way you sat so stupidly low and couldnt see anything.

this was more of im bored thread lol, i dont think i could bring myself to spend my savings, its become a bit of an obsession for me saving all the time lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
cheapish 197 laura hunni?
a know you dont want to spend the cash but it'll still hold up okay value wise.

i tend to do both haha,
IF you can afford to run one & have cash left incase something does go wrong, do it ! If not, don't do it.

Loads in here commenting have never had one, so don't have a clue what they are like etc (typical of here sometimes really)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Theres only one colour to own & thats liquid yellow- All the others are pap-

Pity you wont find one- they are all top dollar-I wouldnt bother buying a MK1 now as you will always be wondering what the Mk 2 was like to drive-

If buying one is a must I would try to find a NON CAT D blue / red or titanium one for around 12/ 13k, to get thrill over with-
The black ones are overpriced ( unless its Dash's) the Liquid one will weigh in at around 19/20 k-
As for those acid ones - Hum I know how much I would price mine for in todays market I will leave that up to Chris-

S

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just to add to my other comments - i loved my Vee, and don't regret owning it at all. I had it a year, and I think that was just right for me, as I was still loving it when it went, so all my memories are fond :)

I would recommend them to anyone in the right circumstances, just so you've experienced it :) But if you can, and I'm not in anyway saying this is you Laura, only afford a cheap one then you should avoid, as a tatty one has the potential for huge bills.

Also as people have said, consumables, petrol, insurance and certainly repairs, can be very expensive - so it pays to have a few quid spare in the contingency pot. For example, mine needed an AC pipe, and the 30cm long bit of half metal, half rubber pipe was £257iirc, then it needed fitting, and a regas so the total bill was £350ish, just for a tiny AC pipe. Mum and dad just had a whole AC compressor fitted to their Mondeo for less than that...

But, if you can afford it, and you get a nice one and keep it nice - it won't lose much value as the nice ones are getting rarer, and the cheap ones, that have bee skimped on are getting more common :(

So yea, if you don't mind the 'bad' points - or indeed they're not bad points to you - and you can afford it, go for it, you'll love it :) Personally though if I was looking for a house soon, I'd probably just stick with the 172... There is plenty of time for a Vee, but it's getting harder and harder to get on the house ladder...

Heart yes, head no - perfect summing up.

Pity you wont find one- they are all top dollar-I wouldnt bother buying a MK1 now as you will always be wondering what the Mk 2 was like to drive-

If buying one is a must I would try to find a NON CAT D blue / red or titanium one for around 12/ 13k, to get thrill over with-
The black ones are overpriced ( unless its Dash's) the Liquid one will weigh in at around 19/20 k-
As for those acid ones - Hum I know how much I would price mine for in todays market I will leave that up to Chris-

S
A non cat D mk2 for 12-13 k ?? (which is mk1 money) NO mk2 is under 14.5k yet, and the ones that are cheap need the belts doing now, so as you know that's a grand on top really.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

S
A non cat D mk2 for 12-13 k ?? (which is mk1 money) NO mk2 is under 14.5k yet, and the ones that are cheap need the belts doing now, so as you know that's a grand on top really.

Its a huge buyers market at the moment, your right in terms of value- however there will be somewhere, someone desperate to sell their vee because they cant afford to run it or keep it-
Depreciation is gradually zapping the residuals & the ol' credit crunch & petrol prices arent doing them any favours-
13k with a cambelt change FTW -
It wont be long........

S