ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Buy ATE Super Blue or RBF600

AGH the sl*g
as above what do people rate higher of the above to options unless theres a third contender :rasp: i was thinking super blue might be better due to the colour difference so ill know when its flushed through??

CBR1K, F21 125D
Dry Boiling Point in order of best to worst (°C)

[Dry : Wet]
321 : 216 -- Neo-Synthetic Super DOT 610
312 : 216 -- Motul RBF600
310 : 270 -- Castrol SRF
310 : 210 -- AP Racing 600
286 : 184 -- Castrol Response, Super Dot 4
280 : 200 -- ATE Superblue/TYP200
275 : 150 -- AP Racing 551
265 : 185 -- Motul 5.1
261 : 173 -- Valvoline SynPower
230 : 155 -- DOT4 Specification
205 : 140 -- DOT3 Specification

Wet Boiling Point in order of best to worst (°C)

[Wet : Dry]
270 : 310 -- Castrol SRF
216 : 321 -- Neo-Synthetic Super DOT 610
216 : 312 -- Motul RBF600
210 : 310 -- AP Racing 600
200 : 280 -- ATE Superblue/TYP200
185 : 265 -- Motul 5.1
184 : 286 -- Castrol Response, Super Dot 4
173 : 261 -- Valvoline SynPower
155 : 230 -- DOT4 Specification
150 : 275 -- AP Racing 551
140 : 205 -- DOT3 Specification

AGH the sl*g
cheers fred, think ill go for the ate plainly because of the colour for bleeding through, the car will be seeing several track sessions this year so might as well get the parts done right first time round.

Also fred im sure i read somewhere if your not careful when bleeding the system you can lock the abs unit up with air?

AGH the sl*g
Thats fine ill be using my gunson ezee bleed kit anyhow,

fred could you do the mocal braided lines with ate fluid?

AGH the sl*g
Brilliant, ill give you a call when im ready for them, would it be the same price as the offer you have on?

Not a 320d
Ok ill ask you here.

Quick question im hoping youll be able to answer. Had some H&R camber bolts fitted today, setup is tomorrow.

Im not sure if this matters, but which side of the strut does the spacer block need to be? Facing the front of the car, or the rear. Or doesnt it make any difference? See pic below for what im trying to ask.

On that note, when I got the bolts, the spacer block and the other washer were the opposite way round to the one in the picture. Spacer block sits next to the adjuster and the washer next to the other end. Will that make any difference?

Cheers

triplec_1.jpg

Not a 320d
Urgh. Mines facing to the front. Does that matter or can I still achieve correction. Mike@rentech told me it makes no difference. However, my spacer block and washer are at opposite ends to that in the photo. Am I going to have to take it out and swap the block and washer around?

this is how mine arrived, and im 99% sure this is the way they are on the car.

IMG00384-20110210-1004.jpg

Lionel Richie
the bolts should ALWAYS face the back of the car

drivers side starting from the front of the car

bolt, small washer, strut, big spacer, nut

Not a 320d
s**te ok ill sort that out tomorrow then. Cheers.

Actually the bolt does face the rear, but the order is as follows, from looking at the drivers side, right to left.

Bolt, big spacer, strut, small washer, nut.

Still NEED to change it round or wont it make the slightest bit of difference?????

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
well if the big spacer is covering the "cam lobe" of the bolt then they won't do f**k all as camber bolts LOL