ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To cam or not to cam that is the question

RB Clio 182
Are branded decats interchangeable with different branded carback systems?

Sorry for the random question lol.

182 Turbo
+1, as what has already be stated, it might be down to the secret timing, maybe if @bloke has fitted 438’s to a clio, he might have secret timing on these too which might make 200+hp? If the 438’s are supposedly more aggressive acheiving more power?
Are branded decats interchangeable with different branded carback systems?

Sorry for the random question lol.
no they arent, some are sleeved, and some have the olive attachment welded on, like the scorpion decat, whereas the miltek decat is sleeved and its longer in length

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
My 182 with 197 cams made 159f/lb and 188hp and happily kept up with my friends 182 that had 438's and apparently 193bhp.
On that basis I'd say they were good value for money (if you need your belts doing!)

That was also with the cat still on so it might find a few more ponies if I put a decat on.

Last edited:

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Simple question. If all the cams were the same price which would you buy?

My take, it appears there isnt much between them in terms of tuning capabilities with 438 being slightly more favourable. Ultimately if you purchased 438's you are paying a premium for a disproportionate gain but a gain nevertheless.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
id personally go for 421s and jenveys. Might be able to keep up with a 197 cammed one.

182 Turbo
toyosport manifold?

i love it as soon as anyone gets decent figures 'dyno is out'

will see if i can find it but i've got a graph from ed and one from efi, same engine and ecu but in different car, fwir they wer within a couple of bhp of each other. if anything chris' is the other way round, seen more people especially on rolling road days, disappointed with the figures his gives. think there is also on i retimed that's got a graph from efi and somewhere else, can't think where the other place was though sorry.

it's the internet, that ain't going to happen :tonguewink:
So did you find those other dynographs ?