ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To fully colourcode or not

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Right finaly managed to scrape some money together so car is going to the bodyshop. Been set on getting the spoiler, mirrors, handles and fog surronds colourcoded BUT Speaking to Djw Dave tonight and hes now put the idea of full colour coding into my mind. My one concern is if it would suit my colour of car, a sort of blue/purple non mettalic (Royal Blue is the official name I think)

So just put a yes or no and a reason if you feel like it please

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/EvilJohn/d9b89658.jpg

Cheers

John

PS now has a splitter again:)

i think it probably depends on price mate, u got a quote on how much it would be extra to do the bumps strips etc? though colour coding usually looks good imo

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

About £100 ish to do my original plan and about £250 for the full thing. Ive just been given £320 by the taxman as a rebate but not wanting to blow it all on the car if it doesnt really suit it! Fancy getting a new bed with it as well!

VW ....

nice pic john ! ;)

no ... leave as is & spend the money on a new bed :eek:)

maybe someone could be kind enough to photoshop it to give u a better idea??

A well built VW

I used to think the same felt the car needed something to break it up and even contemplated getting them done in black til the trophy came out and now im completely undecided as the trophy is sex on a stick

Send me your email addy i have a couple of pics of a similar colour that may help you decide

Golf GTI 1.8T

hmmm im un decided, was think of do the same to mine but I got a silver version so the bumpers stand out a lot more than yours, thing that would put me off from getting the bumpers down would be damage i may get to them, would look good tho and i think thats a good price so id say YES!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Id stick with your original plan - im not a fan of full coding on a lot of cars...

get this set of mark 2 side strips from ebay, less chance of the paint flaking!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-172-CUP-DOOR-MOULDINGS-WITH-BADGES_W0QQitemZ4574938358QQcategoryZ10410QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-172-CUP-DOOR-MOULDINGS-WITH-BADGES_W0QQitemZ4574938358QQcategoryZ10410QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

172 handles can be got from renault aswell they come in primer! well worth it so they dont flake

my paint has started to flake since april, partly my fault but i dont think colourcoding is worth it any more. Just the 172 side mouldings are made smooth so they wont flake. but ur mirrors might get stone chipped etc.

Octavia VRS

No in my opinion John. I was thinking doing it to mine as well but have decided against it.

I think it would look too blue if you know what I mean?

Astra coupe

i decided against colour coding mine, just going to get ph2 strips instead,possible mk2 172 rear bumper as i love the deep look of them

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Right thanks for all the opinions lads but decided just to get the mirrors, handles, fogs and spoiler done, all in for £90. Probably put them in next week some time, hope it looks alright! Good find on ebay and Im hoping my handles will be fine, any idea how much the preprimered handles are?

Cheers

John

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i would just stick to your first plan, it looks pretty good with black on a blue car, what my mate is doing on his blue 206 is getting teh bumper and door strips done matt black, not sure how it will look though.

ohh btw your car really suits those wheels.

A well built VW

Where you getting that done for £90 I might need to know in the near future , some plans of my own..... same stuff coded just front instead of roof spoiler

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i would it does make so much difference. Oh and if you get it done by a proffesional you wont get the flaking, mine doesnt and thats after 2 years.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Archived Post from old forum

The Big Yin- getting it done at a local place called Bodyworx, will let you see the work whenever you want.

Taking the parts off tommorrow morning to put them in for it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Martin_89 said:
i would just stick to your first plan, it looks pretty good with black on a blue car, what my mate is doing on his blue 206 is getting teh bumper and door strips done matt black, not sure how it will look though.

ohh btw your car really suits those wheels.

Cheers for the compliment, Im certainly very happy with, especially considering that its just newer shape ones, dunno why they suit it so well!