ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To those who havent used clay yet...

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
you really dont know what your missing. used it for the first time yeaterday and it really did surprise me :D

didnt do the whole car but you can really feel the difference and annoys the hell out of me when i touch it and it aint brilliantly smooth now.

started off on the bonnet while i was washing it, dropped it twice and was getting late so i gave up but the small area that i did is soo smooth, when you run your hand over it there is virtually no sound compared to a un-clayed bit of paint which sounds/feelslike sandpaper compared to it.

Top notch stuff.

(p.s used meguires quick clay with me zymol shampoo)

Fiesta Zetec
Ive never used clay, how much does it actually cost and will it make a silver car look as good as some of the darker clios I have seen on here

M140i/Orange 182
can get it from halfrauds..£12 including quick detail spray, its good stuff! :D

ant

yep.
cool!

B00000IW21.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
^pmsl.

threw it at my unsuspecting brother lol it had went hard and made a thump hehe.
he made a c**k out of it and stuck it above the fire.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Soon as it get's a little warmer I'm going to give mine a clay. Looking at a PC soon too :)

106 GTi
Really? Looks wise you wont notice anything.

But the paint will feel perfectly smooth like glass with no bits attached to it. Waxes and polishes will go on so much easier afterwards.

A well built VW
Jay what do you use as a spray when it runs out ?? Claying mine next week but i never bought detailing spray just a few blocks of clay from serious performance

106 GTi
It just seems a waste of Quick Detailer when soapy water works just aswell, plus I clay the car when it is still wet after rinsing.

You can easily use loads of QD claying a car that could be better used in a more productive way.

Vee dub
When I get paid I'm going to get another claybar.... I have the detailer already....

Who sells the clay bars seperate Rich?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
r-jay said:
Really? Looks wise you wont notice anything.

But the paint will feel perfectly smooth like glass with no bits attached to it. Waxes and polishes will go on so much easier afterwards.

That's really what I got the clay for. Parking under trees does wonders for the smoothness....:dead:

D.

Ibiza Cupra TDI
Bought sum quick clay last wk, just w8in for a bit a decent weather to do it.

Used quick clay on ma last car (C2 VTR), the difference was amazin, really makes the paint smooth like glass!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sorry may sound dumb but how do you use it do you just rub it in different directions while its wet and buff off

a burnt one
im glad someone else has posted a supposedly daft question coz heres m ine!

i tried doing mine the other day but after doing my bonnet and the wing my hand hurt like hell to the point where i struggled to hold my well deserved mug of coffee!

how much pressure should i apply to the clay?
how much of the clay is normal for doing the whole car?
should my hand still be sore after 2 days?
am i just a feable weakling?
is buffing it after claying really all that important?
what happens to the hole in a doughnut when you eat half of it?

106 GTi
You must have really been pushing down on it then!

You really only need to use very little pressure, enough to keep the clay in contact with paint and so it can glide back and forth freely.

I divide the clay bar into 3 or 4, normally a third of a bar is fine to do a whole car unless its real contaminated.

After claying a polish is adviseable to remove any small marks you may have put in during claying. A wax or sealant is essential as claying removes any protection that was on your paint.

you shouldnt be sore after using it. You dont need to apply much pressure and the clay should glide across the panel using the quick detailer or a very soapy car shampoo mix. Fold the clay as often as required so you arent dragging dirt across the panels. You shouldnt ever need to use a whole bar even on a really bad car.

EDIT (tosser beat me to it, lol)

a burnt one
excellent, il give it another bash as soon as the weekend arrives, although ive heard folk say not to use it when its cold, im in scotland and dont thing the temp here has been into double figures for a fortnight now

106 GTi
gary l said:
excellent, il give it another bash as soon as the weekend arrives, although ive heard folk say not to use it when its cold, im in scotland and dont thing the temp here has been into double figures for a fortnight now

Just make sure if it is cold out that the clay is warm and plyable. Heat it up in some warm water first if need be so its soft.

Loony said:
EDIT (tosser beat me to it, lol)

:clown: I love you to Loony!