ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toasty in a 172

VW Potato

troops, whats the heater like in your 172? At below 0, mine doesnt seem that warm at all. In fact, on journey last night (about 20mins, then 20mins back home, it felt chilly inside. Im not expecting to be able to roast an ox, but it felt uncomfortably nippy inside at max temp and high fan speed (it was -3 outside). Thoughts?

thx,

g

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Fine, heats up very quickly, try sticking it on 24-5 and you will soon notice the heat.

It should only take 5-10 minutes for the car to heat up enough to start giving you warm air.

For example my work is only 5minutes away and just as I am getting into work the car is heating up nicely. Bit of a shame really as I dont want to have to get out my car then.

Mine kicks out heat by the end of the road on 24, I chuck the window heater button on for about 5 mins and its toastie! :D

VW Potato

thats what I dont quite get - mines like yours KDF (i.e on a short journey to work heats up quick and comfy) but it was on a longer run yesterday it seemed to struggle. Ill monitor it (that and my damp patch and my slighty dodge ABS sensor and my 4k rattle) over the next few days.

g

Lee

BMW M2C

This morning it was -1 when I got he car out the garage. I just left it on auto, set to 22 and was toasty warm in no time at all. In fact I was so warm I had to drop it down to 20 degrees.

Scud,

Sometimes my air con switches on without me knowing and blasts me with cold air, I think its to cool down when the tep inside is to high? maybe thats what yours is doing

VW Potato

now you mention it Viv, the air con was on - i only noticed this when i got home...im not sure at what point this happened, because i asked my mate to sort the heat out while i was driving, so praphs he flicked it on....ok, somaybe last night was a false alarm? (hope so!!)

g

Heater in my 172 is OK, though when I go around a sharp bend I get a load of cold air blast into the car from somewhere?......at high speed I get cold air comming in around my feet?/....er and the air con just dont want to clear up my misty windows on these cold mornings!...(have given up try to get Renault to fix it as they say its fine....whatever!)

Lee

BMW M2C

Id noticed the cold air blast when cornering hard too.

Maybe you had it set to clear the screen g, that would have caused the aircon to be on.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

deosnt the aircon switch off when your flat out??

Im sure I read somewhere that it does so your not sapping power from the engine

VW Potato

i think it looks increasingly like we can put this down to user error... :oops:

cheers peeps - at least i can be warm now (the glow from my cheeks should be enough...)

g

53 plate 172

I would like a bit more heat in the footwell, it only seems to blow out of the side of the centre concsole. On previous cars its always blown out abouve both feet !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

On my previous cars its only ever blown out down at your feet from the centre console.

Should have a Cup none of your fancy digital malarky - Air con pah..!!! you only need it in the U.K for 3 days ayear when sunny (OK this year was an exception!! but i just dropped the windows) Good ol standard heater controls.. They actually do work quite quickly joking aside , in my car...! I am suprised as i have toasty feet with 5 mins of leaving the house..

Takes a few mins to warm up, but a good burst of acceleration gets it to temp and its lovely, toasty and warm. Makes me......fall......zzzzzzzzzzz

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye but you dont need to keep adusting the temp controls.

I drove back from london (where I bought the car) to edinburgh with my GF and a mate. I asked them about half way up if they were too cold/warm.. there replys were "just fine actually".. its great no-one has ever complained that its too warm or cold ever..

53 plate 172

I think thats the objective of climate control as to not overpower the car but just keep it constant.

Do you leave yours switched on all of the time? I find as soon as I switch it off the windows steam up and cold air blows to the footwell.

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 16 December 2003

Fine, heats up very quickly, try sticking it on 24-5 and you will soon notice the heat.

It should only take 5-10 minutes for the car to heat up enough to start giving you warm air.

For example my work is only 5minutes away and just as I am getting into work the car is heating up nicely. Bit of a shame really as I dont want to have to get out my car then.
5 mins away and u drive!!! - get a bike, save the car for weekends;)

Mine is greeaaat with in a few mins its puping out the hot stuff. I have noticed that if I switch mine off I get a cold draft on my right foot.

Cure: I never switch if off.

Merry Chrimbo Everyone

(Im in such a xmasy mood today!!)