ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toby's RB182

Renault Clio 182
Day off today and crap weather so can't be outside tinkering so thought i might aswell start a thread on my car also going to try and start being a more active member so thought this would be a good place to start haha!!

This is my racing blue 182 which i bought at the start of this year (actually bought it on january 1st) to treat myself as a new year present and i joined the forum just shortly before as i was looking to buy one.
So here is a couple of pics of the day i picked it up.
20160111_160556_zpstohzbihe.jpg
[/IMG]
20160111_160546_zpsuehqbyny.jpg

As you can see it is just a full fat spec with the only modification being the scorpion resonated catback system and drilled and grooved discs fitted all round that way i could put my own touches on it rather than buying an already modified one. And also with the hope this will have been less abused than a modified one. So onto the changes! First being this sticker.
20160125_153721_zpsjgnafb79.jpg

Seems like one of the most popular mods on here, i then decided after maybe a month that i wanted abit more noise from the car so i then purchased a non resonated centre pipe and a ktec induction kit. Once fitted you could tell straight away they made a huge difference in sound especially at 5000rpm! Also while fitting my induction kit i cleaned up the engine bay(inlet still needs painting) so here is a before and after.
20160210_100346_zps2dx3zw1q.jpg

20160210_131736_zpsickbg0z2.jpg

Then i debadged the rear and put the updated renault sport badge on. Looks so much cleaner!
20160204_162312_zps6yyqnomj.jpg

I managed to then source a few interior bits that had been flocked which i think makes the interior look a little less french haha!
20160407_174305_zpskgogce3n.jpg

Then came the private plates!
20160504_095401_zpskin0h9fy.jpg

20160523_113750_zps6edfnkvf.jpg

So that brings us right upto about now how it currently is! I have done a few smaller bits which include rear led reverse lights,led number plate light ,chrome indicator bulbs and some "RS-182" decals for the sideskirts. I have also put a powerflex gearbox mount which has transformed the gear changes and changed the gearbox oil a couple weeks back so that all feels great now!

Almost forgot my most reason purchase that i picked up last week, a set of speedline turinis which are going to the powdercoaters in the next couple of days so they should look great when on!

Attachments

• 20160111_160556_zpstohzbihe.gif
    20160111_160556_zpstohzbihe.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 38
  Renault Clio 182
Small update. Don't know if anyone is viewing this but seems like a good idea to keep track of progress. As stated in my last update i got some new wheels which looked like this when i got them.
received_10154280090715477_zpsmu4oyayf.gif

Been plastidipped gold and reacted really badly so a colour change was a must!
20160623_205041_zps4zuxg0yv.jpg

Powdercoated in graphite and looking alot better! Also decided to colour code the door bullets.
20160623_205044_zps1jvppapv.jpg

Renault Clio 182
cant believe ive missed this fellow rb owner. Car looks great, bit of lowz and it would set it off nicely mate
Thanks haha! Been thinking about the suspension as of next! Really dont know what to go for though.

Those bullets are exactly what I planned to do to mine until I decided to sell it instead!
I think it looks loads better over the standard silver on the RB's. Makes them look more in place although mine aren't done to the best standard.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks lovely. I want RB :(

Not keen on the bullets though, makes it look a bit cartoony(?), and looks a slight different shade to the door strips.

Renault Clio 182
I think i will eventually i will get carbon door bullets i just didn't think the silver looks the best. Was never going to be permanent as it's not the best finish 😂

Renault Clio 182
In the run up to CSF i thought i would give it abit of love. Started with fitting a new kenwood DAB stereo and upgraded the speakers to some vibe blackair co-axial front speakers as they were the standard ones and for some reason the backs already had alpines fitted which makes life easier.
20160626_133740_zpsm24f5brz.jpg

Then gave it a good clean which took up a few hours And is now looking as good as new.
20160626_130427_zpsiunyedjp.jpg

And this one is what i think makes owning a clio great!!! Went to pic up some parts for my project car and on my way back ended up infront of another a clio owner who then decided to follow me. Pulled up home and then stood and chatted the guy for a good 45mins!
20160627_115841_zpstvo2jztq.jpg

Even better that it was the same colour! Not so keen on his flags though!

Clio 172
Nice, a very tidy example!

I think a 182 will be next for me I think racing blue is fast becoming my favorite colour

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Renault Clio 182
Would kill for a racing blue sometime's! Looks cracking :smile:
Nice, a very tidy example!

I think a 182 will be next for me I think racing blue is fast becoming my favorite colour

Thanks guys:grin: i do try my best to keep her looking great! Think you should both buy one then we can have a racing blue gang! 😂

Titanium 182 FF
Thanks guys:grin: i do try my best to keep her looking great! Think you should both buy one then we can have a racing blue gang! 😂
I wish! let me know if you find someone who wants to swap their RB haha. Do love inferno as well mind.

Clio 172
Keep up the good work!

Had my 172 a month and I feel more likely to keep it than any other cars I've owned!

I haven't owned a car longer than a year really lol

Renault Clio 182
I wish! let me know if you find someone who wants to swap their RB haha. Do love inferno as well mind.
Haha i will do not that i see that many about. Funny you say that i nearly bought an inferno before i found this one!
Keep up the good work!

Had my 172 a month and I feel more likely to keep it than any other cars I've owned!

I haven't owned a car longer than a year really lol

I will try to i am Looking at suspension upgrade next! they are great cars to own, i love mine, think im in the same boat as you when you say about keeping it for a while haha!!

Renault Clio 182
Well hadn't realised it had been so long since i last updated this, unfortunately the clio has been on the back foot but im now back on with buying more things it doesn't need! And i just spend most of the time cleaning it.
20160829_133549_zpsrym9mk9x.jpg

love a good old snowfoam!
Most recent purchase is a whole new suspenion refresh and cooksport springs to go with them. Must say compared to previous cars i found the clio really easy to work on except the seized nuts on the front top mounts which were a pain.
20161006_105026_zpsmcokjd8k.jpg

Must say that doing all that has made a huge difference in the drive and it now feels loads more stable on the road! Here is a picture a couple of days after fitting them and it also sits at a far better height now.
IMG_20161010_142045_zpsl8rubbqc.jpg

Also gave the exhaust a good clean whilst doing the suspension.
20161010_131937_zpsxkmoczei.jpg

Today i took the car in for it's MOT which it went straight through so thought i would buy some goodies that i should have fitted by the end of this week so another update should be due in the next few days.

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for the kind feedback guys!!
Looks great. I need to get my shocks n springs fitted. How did you crack the top mount nuts off?
Using my step dad and a strange array of tools! We used a 14mm spark plug socket with a spanner on that with a 6mm allen key in the top with the handle off the jack to get some leverage on it and then both of us pulling the opposite directions. How the allen key didnt snap i don't know!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the kind feedback guys!!

Using my step dad and a strange array of tools! We used a 14mm spark plug socket with a spanner on that with a 6mm allen key in the top with the handle off the jack to get some leverage on it and then both of us pulling the opposite directions. How the allen key didnt snap i don't know!
Yeah sounds like you got lucky then, my 6mm allen looks like a drill bit it twisted that far! I ordered a long impact socket but the gun has vanished at work now. I'll have to go searching tomorrow for it. Bloody typical.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yeah sounds like you got lucky then, my 6mm allen looks like a drill bit it twisted that far! I ordered a long impact socket but the gun has vanished at work now. I'll have to go searching tomorrow for it. Bloody typical.

Nip down to your friendly tyre fitters and get them to buzz gun them off and then nip them up finger tight to drive home. You will be amazed how quickly they come off and save you SOOOO much hassle :)

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Looks awesome matey, great height on those springs.
You coming along to the next Yorkshire meet next week? Not met you yet, or seen your motor!

Renault Clio 182
Looks awesome matey, great height on those springs.
You coming along to the next Yorkshire meet next week? Not met you yet, or seen your motor!
I am hoping to come along as im yet to meet yourself and the rest of the guys so hopefully i will make it!

And so with todays update! I bought some dress up bolts for the engine but they didn't fit great and didn't look as good as i thought they would so decided against that! But then this little thing went on!
IMG_20161013_160637_zpsugtc9lv1.jpg

It's alot smaller than the standard one so is going to take some getting used to but i do like the look ans feel of it!

Last edited: