ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toe adjustment help

172 cup
I just used my new tracking tool http://www.trackace.co.uk/Trackace.html and my car has too much toe in. So I'm going to adjust it later, but want to check I am doing correctly.

Firstly I know the gauge shows the toe, but obviously this is just a reading between the two wheels so one could be further off than the other.

So what I'm thinking is put the steering wheel straight, then measure both track rods to make sure both are the same length. Once the are both wheels should be the equal amount on toe in, then just adjust both the same amount from then on.

Is this right? If not what's the best way? Also any other tips would be great.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The rack will never be perfectly central IME, so no you cant go off one track rod being slightly longer than the other.
also even if it was, if you have some thrust angle from the rear (ive yet to see a clio with exactly none TBH) then to get it to steer straight the front needs to be out as well!

Im not familiar with the tool you are using (I know what it is but havent used one myself) but if it does give you any indication of which side is toeing, then what I guess you will have to do is:

Adjust both a similar amount until you have the tracking you want
Drive up the road and see if the wheel is central
If not then adjust half a turn of toe out on one wheel and half a turn of toe in on the other (to keep total toe the same) until it is
Recheck its still tracked right

TBH you would be better off with some fishing line and bars than the trackace IMHO, thats what I have and it gives you the ability to see which side is out, and how much by and also what the rear is doing, it is quite time consuming though.