ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Tom One install story.......

02 Clio 172Mk2
Not really seeking advice, but just commenting on something that drove me nuts for about 2 days before finding the cause / solution.

Given a TTOne as a gift, but when I was away from my car, so couldn't do install with power etc. Unit worked fine out of the box (full battery, strong signal and quicker response than my dad's TT700!). Getting back home though - just putting the unit on the dash with no power lost the signal very quickly and didn't reconnect at all. Did the usual updates to 5.42 from Tom Tom website but still no signal. Mailed TT support who gave advice etc and suggested unit was faulty. Knew it wasn't the windscreen, as new chipset in TTOne fine with this (thanks to this forum...!)

In the end, it seems that TTOne units really struggle on less than 50% battery with connecting to sattelite signals. My signal is now fine on the unit, now that the cradle and the power from the cigarette lighter is connected.

So, if you have a TTOne and are running it from battery only and are getting a very poor or no signal - then connecting it to the car power and charging as you drive should solve the problem.

This is my experience anyway. Just my 2p worth.......

Cheers. Genius.

MK1 Clio 16v
My dad bought one of these and he said it really struggled to receive a signal, so he gave it to me to take a look. Tried everything, using the 'Factory Reset' option from the menu, turning off and back on again, but it wouldn't connect. I looked at the GPS bar graph and i could see there were quite a few satellites picked up but none were making a valid connection.

Turns out you have to get a pin and press the little reset button on the bottom of the TTOne unit, after i did this everything was fine and it connected to a satellite within seconds.

Thought that might help someone experiencing problems :)

1.8 RSi MK1 Superchipped
also another lil thing i had was even charged it wouldnt turn on... just hit the reset button on the bottom with a pin and works perfect.. it only happened twice since december but carry a paper clip in the car just in case ;)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Be being a sat nav expert at halfords lol...you have to remember they're just mini pc's so will crash from time to time :D the trick with all tomtoms is to shove a staple or something thin into the small hidden reset button the the bottom of the unit. This solves basically all problems, especially if it wont turn on :D

As for the below 50% power, try turning the brightness of the screen down a bit. Will double the battery time and power ;)