ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tomtom 510 dead?

Audi S3 225
Hey, ive had it for just over a year and to be honest ive hardly ever used it, went to use it the other day and it kept turning itself off after a few secs even when on charge which was weird.

I took it out the car and put it on charge connected to the computer and left it over night, now the bloody thing wont turn on at all.

Ive tried the reset button and it still dont work, im sure the battery is fully charged.

I bought it from halfords for stupid money, and still have box and reciept think i could get a replacement?

thanks guys

Audi S3 225
i think ive figured it out, the battery wasnt charging even tho the green light was on. If i push down on the unit whilst in its dock and trun it on, it works fine and starts to charge, if i take the pressure off the unit the battery symbol starts flashing and it turns off after a few mins.

Its the same for the computer dock and incar dock, i guess its the unit, bloody thing! Any tips maybe needs a clean or something?

Audi S3 225
ya ive tried the reset didnt do anything, i left it on charge all last night and it didnt do anything! Rang up tomtom uk and they said their system is down atm can i ring back 2moro, but it sounds like it needs to go in for repair.

Audi S3 225
omg i hope so, i managed to get it to charge last night by masking taping the tomtom to the dock so that the connections are pushing hard against each other and leaving it over night. Its fully charged now but it probably wont last, ill give tomtom a bell on monday.

Golf GTI 1.8T
If you haven't used it much the battery could be fucked, they need to be used regularly.